Sunday 5 March 2017

Best of February


Hi All! Happy March! 

This is just a fun little meme that Carole and I are going to try  and do once a month. Give a little shout-out and "badge" of honor to our favorite book of the month! We are adding a favorite Movie of the month as well. 

First up is Carole's choice:

First, favorite movie:

For February, I have decided to give the trophy to.........The Danish Girl. 


"Out of all the movies I watched last month, this movie really stood out. Yes, it got the highest star rating, BUT it was also a really good and interesting movie. It is a fresh of breath air that goes over such a controversial subject. The cast was good and I applaud the risk that the main actor took. It really could have ended his career. But it did the opposite and enhanced his resume and skill set. You need to watch this." 



And I picked..........................Transformers.

"For my birthday I got the Transformers boxset, and you know what, that one is my fav movie of the month. I have a weird love of the Transformers. I do not like the acting but damn things explode a lot. Lol. It is freaking amazing. Go Transfomers!"


Now, favorite book:

First, my pick.................................Mischling by Affinity Konar



"I actually did not have any mind-blowing books this month. I had good books, and good books are good. Best of those I think Mischling has to be. It was so well-written and haunting. When I looked at my February books this was the one that stood out. It was the book of hope in a dark time. A sad book that was never sad, and an important book because we should never forget."


Carole's choice is..................................Daughter of a Thousand Years by Amalia Carosella



"This wasn't mind-blowing by any means, but it was REALLY good. I could hardly put this down. I think why this stuck out was because of the characters for me. Also, this does cover a centuries old issue with humanity: Religion. The story and characters were complex. A good read for sure."



~*~*~*~*~

What was your favorite book of the month? Please share below! 




38 comments:

  1. Have a lovely March! Spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Transformers movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post ladies, I haven't watched or read any of your recommendations, but I will having a look at your book suggestions! My favourite read was Seven Days of You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read Mischling! I think I mentioned that on your review. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I have watched all of the Transformers movies yet. I am always behind on movies and TV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, I like this! You guys read a lot of books, so a feature like this to highlight your best reads is a great idea! :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved seeing your favorite movies and books. I've watched a couple Transformers and yes they are rather 'explosive'. The Danish Girl is on my long list of movies to see.

    Hopefully you have a great March of books and movies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome favorite picks for the month of feb!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun idea for a post!

    I don't know that I have a favorite but it's been a good month for YA (shock!), movies and tv for me so I'm happy.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG... I love that the two movies are such polar opposites! You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the transformers too because I love those great explosions despite the less than great plot and acting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only see the first Transformers movie :( I need to catch up lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh. Interesting. It's been a while since I've seen Transformers, but we always enjoyed them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never seen The Transformers! Although I did just watch Pacific Rim after hearing a few bloggers rave about it. Big machines plus monsters lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yes not as good, but go explosions

      Delete
  15. Interesting choices. I'll have to try this meme.

    www.bookaholicreflections.com (new url, same blog)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love you comments on Transformers. I loved the cartoons when I was a kid. I'm not a big fan of the movies because of the acting. I'll still with the Marvel movies for stuff to blow up. LOL

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP