Monday 13 March 2017

Etched in Bone - Anne Bishop

After a human uprising was brutally put down by the Elders—a primitive and lethal form of the Others—the few cities left under human control are far-flung. And the people within them now know to fear the no-man’s-land beyond their borders—and the darkness…

As some communities struggle to rebuild, Lakeside Courtyard has emerged relatively unscathed, though Simon Wolfgard, its wolf shifter leader, and blood prophet Meg Corbyn must work with the human pack to maintain the fragile peace. But all their efforts are threatened when Lieutenant Montgomery’s shady brother arrives, looking for a free ride and easy pickings.

With the humans on guard against one of their own, tensions rise, drawing the attention of the Elders, who are curious about the effect such an insignificant predator can have on a pack. But Meg knows the dangers, for she has seen in the cards how it will all end—with her standing beside a grave.

My thoughts:
I am sad to see this series end, I just started to enjoy it! I did have a rocky start with this series and had given up because I found Meg So annoying. But I waited 2,5 years, gave in and read book 2, and slowly it got better and I loved book 4.

So I went into this one rooting for Meg and Simon. I now liked this world and these people (even though so many more humans should die! They never change!!! Die die!)

I was surprised how much of it was focused on just the interactions between Cyrus and the courtyard. That motherf should burn! I hated him with a passion. I wanted him to get thrown out to get his flesh torn from his bones. You do not mess with my people man! But Elders are there watching. Everyone is trying to keep the fragile peace. If one thing go wrong, then what hope does humankind have in this world? And you knew it would get worse and worse and worse. And it does. I kept rushing to the end to see what happened. 

Conclusion:
I am happy with the ending. It felt like a new start. But I am sad to see this series ending. And yes yes I have seen more is coming but that is about other people, and mystery and it does not sound as good. Well that is just cos I like this series now.

Cover
they are all meh

ebook, 416 pages
Expected publication: March 7th 2017 by Roc
The Others #5
UF

42 comments:

  1. Don't you love to hate the bad guy? I am hoping the spinoff doesn't disappoint because I have loved this series so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally skimmed the review because I am about 3/4 way through it right now. Like you, I wasn't totally crazy for the series at the beginning, but I am loving it now! Sad it's ending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sad :/ I do want to hope the spin off will be good, but I just do not dare hope

      Delete
  3. I wish we'd seen Meg and Simon's relationship progress a bit more, but I think this was a nice series ender, too.

    Great review! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was too bad, but I know they will be ok

      Delete
  4. I was a bit surprised at how much of the book revolved around Cyrus as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But! At least the series isn't going to go on and on and on and on and on long after it should have ended (see, for example, Laurell K Hamilton and Janet Evanovich).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh I think I need to check this series out, I hate when you love it and they end but if it ends well you can cope and always go back :D If you do re reads.

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WANT to do re.reads, but alas, so many books, so little time ;)

      Delete
  7. oh i did not realize it was the last book, sorry you hate a love/hate relationship, but at least you finished it. maybe i can now start it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I never hated the series, it was just ok in book 1 and then got awesome

      Delete
  8. Loved your review. Tell us how you really feel! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still on the second book but I've been really enjoying it on audio. I'm glad you ended up enjoying the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just keep on getting better from there

      Delete
  10. Cyrus was the absolute WORST. OMG how could you not have liked Meg at first??
    I'm glad you gave the series a second chance though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God no, she was such a Mary Sue, she still is

      Delete
  11. This was a great book, but I thought it was a bit underwhelming for an ending (and Meg is still annoying!) But I think that's just me being picky. I'm looking forward to the spin off!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it came fast after that looooong Cyrus thing.

      Haha, well I like her, but I still think she is a mary Sue

      Delete
  12. Ugh. I know right? So weird to have him as top villain, though. Wish they'd defeated HFL here instead of in book 4.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have heard so much about this series! And lol about "die, die"- now I'm REALLY curious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sad when a good series ends

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad it got better for you and that the end was so good you were sad it was over.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've had this book and book 1 on my kindle and can't wait to start it. So happy reading lots of great reviews about this series especially this book.
    Awesome review! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it, and if you do not, then the series gets better ;)

      Delete
  17. Sad to see it go too. Even though I am only a ccuple of hours in I wish they would just each Cyrus' liver early on and be done with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hate it when a good series ends! I'm glad this one ended well. I really need to read it already!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I certainly hope you are wrong B, as I love this series so very much and I need more. I did miss pieces about Hope and Jean though in this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the spinoff will be good, but I like these people. Not new people

      Delete
  20. You do know there is a book 6 that will take place in another part of Thaisa, called Lake Silence?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ha, I missed your conclusion. I get it, I love the folks in the Lakeside Courtyard too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome :) That is why I dare not hope, cos will they be as awesome? And will the genre be the same

      Delete
  22. I love this series, so I'm glad that it grew on you over time. Like you, the spinoff only sort of appeases me...I'm going to miss the Lakeside gang!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad things ended better than they started! I still need to try them.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP