Saturday 11 March 2017

Saturday Movie Night: Room


Hello everyone! This month Carole and I are reviewing, Room. I am pink and Carole green. 


Title:  Room
Genre: Drama
Running Time: 1 hour and 58 mins
Rating: R
Released: 2015


 the extraordinary story of Jack, a spirited 5-year-old who is looked after by his loving and devoted mother. Like any good mother, Ma dedicates herself to keeping Jack happy and safe, nurturing him with warmth and love and doing typical things like playing games and telling stories. Their life, however, is anything but typical--they are trapped--confined to a 10-by-10-foot space that Ma has euphemistically named Room. Ma has created a whole universe for Jack within Room, and she will stop at nothing to ensure that, even in this treacherous environment, Jack is able to live a complete and fulfilling life. But as Jack's curiosity about their situation grows, and Ma's resilience reaches its breaking point, they enact a risky plan to escape, ultimately bringing them face-to-face with what may turn out to be the scariest thing yet: the real world.



TRAILER: 



DISCUSSION: 

Well...holy feels all over the place with this one.

I really liked the book it was based on, so I knew it would be emotional. But I must say the book was better. There was this feeling there that the movie just could not portray. But omg. It made me cry a lot.

I have heard of the book but I have not read it myself. I want to, I am adding it to my TBR. Books are 99.9% always better than the movie. But I feel this was really well done. It was pretty cool and interesting that they did the movie through the boys eyes. Normally with stories like this it is in the adults eyes. Poor kid. Poor lady.

That is how the book was, and that is why some did not like it because of his simple language and views. I thought it great, because it took away some of the horror at times. He was just innocent and did not really know what was going on. Especially when he was in the closet. I am glad they kept it.

I’m glad that they kept it then. Sure the lady’s story is a heart-wrenching story too, but the innocence of the little boy really crushed my heart in both a sad and happy way. They picked the cutest little boy and he did really well.

The mum’s story sure made me cry too, but this was his story more, and that was good. I liked to see him moving on. Her story in all its tragedy was just so sad. I did not need to cry more.

I can’t even imagine going through that! How horrible. How sad. That dad (her dad, his gramps) made me want to kick him! GAH! I was furious at him.

I can totally understand him, but arghhh *kicks him* Not cool man. Also that woman who did the interview, effing B%¤&¤!

OMG I KNOW! I was yelling at the screen!!!! What a witch!!!!!!!! Like...if I was the lawyer I would’ve flown into a rage and canceled the interview. Terrible and horrific questions.

Like there was a choice. Like she could have trusted that other choice if made. How could that woman even ask that. Yes the lawyer should just have kicked them out.

The baddie would’ve just killed the kid. So that was not even a choice. Plus that kid is young enough and he can recoup...what BS questions. SMH I’m still angry! LOL

Exactly! Like he would have brought him somewhere where they would like DNA test him. As if. You do not leave a trail like that. It just broke me when I saw how sad she got. How she thought it would have been better.

That mum and her parents had so much guilt and the boy was just so confused about everything. SO SAD BUT SO GOOD!

I really liked how her mum’s new man was the one who made an effort at first. And gran of course. That made me happy.

Yes I loved the stepgramp and the grandma. They were sweet. I loved the scene with the boy and the grandma. I cried happy tears.

It was so lovely to see, and then when he said he loved her. Omg, getting tears again.

GAH! Now you got me going. *sniff* But yes, they really were good to that boy. Dumb gramps. >_> I love the actor, but I’m so annoyed.

It’s tough to handle. Seeing your daughter, her son. Knowing…

I know, I know, but he should realize that little boy was her angel and he saved her. She would’ve never gotten free. She would’ve died alone in there.

Old Nick would probably have killed her before and gotten someone else.

For sure. She was getting old...she was 24 after all…...but I hated that name they gave the baddie. I feel like it is forever going to ruin Xmas for the boy! D:

Santa is creepy too

TRUE BUT it is even more creepy now that “Old Nick” gets you locked in the closet and is bad to your mum……….I hope that perv got thrown in jail. I do wish the movie gave more of an answer for what happened to the bad man

They did catch him, but all I thought was, for how long will he be in? When he gets out can he get custody just to eff with her? Horrible thought

I don’t think he could get custody but IDK how long he will be in jail. I believe this was set in Ohio and they do not have the death penalty….so prolly 20 years in jail and then he’s free to kidnap another girl. SMH.

These days you never know. I mean a woman is just an incubator after all.
Life sentence asshole! I hope someone killed him in jail.

Me too! Crimes like that are horrible.

So any final thoughts? I thought it was good and yes made me cry a lot.

Mmmm, I do want to watch it again. It is worth another watch. That is all I got. You?
I could not handle watching it again. Especially not with preggo hormones. But watch it, or read the book. Definitely a recommendation.

LOL that is true. Those preggo hormones are crazy ;D. But even with no preggo hormones I was a wreck! Good movie all-in-all. The end?

The end



29 comments:

  1. I thought this was well done but agree the book was better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it (liked it) but just couldn't be motivated to see the film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the movie and thought it was great. I haven't read the book yet. I really should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just skimmed your thoughts becasue I just found out that this is free on Amazon Prime so I'm going to watch it and come back to this.

    I haven't read the book.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I been wanting to see this, too bad I almost never have the time to for movies anymore ugh, it sounds SO good

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to see the movie to see of it's better than the book. I thought it was ok but it was tiring to read only the boy's side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I liked about the book, and the movie is like that too

      Delete
  8. Haven't read the book or seen the movie, but I've heard that both are pretty emotional. Oh, and I can definitely understand the hard time with preggo hormones. When I was pregnant, I cried at like EVERYTHING.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had started this on audiobook. I didn't finish it. Not because it wasn't good. I just wasn't in the right mood and I had a highly anticipated review book come in, so I put it aside and never picked it back up. I need to give it a try again. I think I would enjoy it. Great review.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think this in audio would be strange, especially when written from his pov

      Delete
  10. I don't think I knew about this one

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe I'll finally read that book. I am not sure, however, whether the movie is my thing. Thanks for the discussion anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh nope, this I would need to read and cry quietly while eating truffles. The movie would probably make me a blubbering mess.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Lord I read the book and seen the movie, I agree Old Nick, what a name. I think they did well with the movie, bless them. Quite harrowing eh.

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was afraid they would mess it up, but it was well done

      Delete
  14. Sounds intense and very emotional.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP