Tuesday 7 March 2017

Last night with the duke - Amelia Grey

The Duke of Griffin has never lived down his reputation as one of the Rakes of St. James. Now rumors are swirling around London that his twin sisters may bear the brunt of his past follies. Hiring a competent chaperone is the only thing Griffin has on his mind--until he meets the lovely and intriguing Miss Esmeralda Swift. In ways he could never have expected, she arouses more than just his curiosity.

Esmeralda Swift considered herself too sensible to ever fall for a scoundrel, but that was before she met the irresistibly seductive Duke of Griffin. His employment offer proves too tempting for her to resist. She can’t afford to be distracted by his devilish charms because the stakes are so high for his sisters’ debut Season. . .unless one of London’s most notorious rakes has had a change of heart and is ready to make Esmeralda his bride.

My thoughts:
I like Grey's books, they are always nice. In this story we have a handsome Duke (like they are ever ugly) and a chaperone. Which did cause some tension, especially when he called her servant, which she is, but still, it does show in the beginning where his mind is.

Right, so we have Essie who has a past. Not a bad past, more her family has a past. She does not work as a governess anymore, instead she runs an employment agency. But what a Duke wants a duke gets. And she is not stupid, she sees the money in it.

Griffin also has a past cos of a stupid bet with his bffs. I mean so stupid and not nice either. But he was really young and stupid. And now he has sisters to protect since someone wants to make them pay for it. But he was a nice man, a gentleman who had learned his lesson. And I did enjoy see him falling for Essie. He went from servant to damn to I need her.

She tries to chaperone. He grows more interested in her. She tries to stay away. There is the mystery of does someone want to do harm to his sisters? And Essie having troubles with her sister. And then they all lived happily ever after.

Conclusion:
A nice story. 

Cover
nice

Kindle Edition, 304 pages
Expected publication: March 7th 2017 by St. Martin's Paperbacks
The Rakes of St:James #1
Historical romance
NetGalley

35 comments:

  1. I have been interested in reading her books. Just didn't know where even to start with. This sounds like a decent romance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAH! "Like they are ever ugly" - truer words. Truer words. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't get into these romances. It is me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too funny..true though..thy are rarely ugly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But sometimes they do have a scar, ohhhh scar!

      Delete
  5. Not really my type of book but thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't tried her books before, will have to!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I would definitely read this, sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oo sounds fun. I haven't read her yet. Need to, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I laughed out loud at your first paragraph! No, the dukes in these books are never ugly. At this point, I would be tempted to read one starring an ugly duke just to have something a bit different :P

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That would be a first, the ugly Duke

      Delete
  10. I do love a rakish hero for my historical romances! I'll have to look this one up! Wonderful post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes her books always look nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh this review just made me laugh hehe I can't wait to try this one out, since I have heard some great things about it. I think I have one of her books on my kindle and now I think I need to pick it up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not tried this author yet, but this does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard much about this author but this sounds like something I'd enjoy! Thanks for putting this on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many dukes! I'm starting to have a thing for dukes. I'll need to remember this author now, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay dukes! Though too many titles for me to keep track of

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP