Friday 16 June 2017

Audio Review: Tremaine's true love - Grace Burrowes

Wealthy wool magnate Tremaine St. Michael is half French, half Scottish, and all business. He prowls the world in search of more profits, rarely settling in one place for long. When he meets practical, reserved Lady Nita Haddonfield, he sees an opportunity to mix business with pleasure by making the lady his own. Nita Haddonfield has a meaningful life tending to others, though nobody is dedicated to caring for Nita. She insists the limitations of marriage aren't for her, then Tremaine St. Michael arrives-protective, passionate, and very, very determined to win Nita's heart. Contains mature themes.

My thoughts:
I like Burrowes books. They do not always need some crazy scheme to drive the book forward (a murder, spying etc, you know.) Instead we have a book where the couple get to know each other, without something crazy going on ;)

Nita believes she will never marry and is ok with that. She helps the people in the village and acts like a doctor for those who need it and who can not afford the real doc.

Tremaine is there to buy sheep. He is a good guy, not really looking for anything, except for sheep.

They talk, they get to know each other. They move around the village. She helps people. We get to know her family and yes here there is some drama. Not with them but with...someone else. Not a lot of drama, but there is something going on. A little plot that moves into their sphere too. 

I liked that they really got to know each other. That they had time to fall in love. It was a sweet story to listen too.

Narration
James Langton did a good job. I liked his accents. He worked well for these roles and this book. He had a voice that fitted the story. Enjoyable to listen to. it really was perfect for audiograce b

Cover
nice

Audio CD. 10h 23 min
Published June 6th 2017 by Tantor Audio (first published August 4th 2015)
True Gentlemen #1
Historical romance
For review

36 comments:

  1. yes that's nice that they got to know each other, I always like that! I need to try this author!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd like this and will look for the audiobook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's a new author to me. Thanks for the super review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this being a really sweet read. Glad you enjoyed it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like stories that don't create some crazy scheme to either bring together the h/h or to drive them apart. Sounds like a good story. I've not read her yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just so simple, they met, they liked each other, they did struggle a bit and then hea

      Delete
  6. What I love about this author is the emotional intimacy she builds in a story. Glad you liked this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the narrator was the perfect fit for this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm always on the lookout for new audiobooks and decent narrators, so thank you for putting this one on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read this author and I don't read historicals anymore but this does sound like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most people will tell you that I have a really hard time listening to audiobooks because it makes me sleepy (lol), but I love this storyline. The idea of a woman who is more focused on helping others, and not rushing into a relationship sounds pretty intriguing, along with the subplot. Really enjoyed your review! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that. It's easier when you do something. Like being online. walking etc

      Delete
  11. This sounds perfect for me. I love low drama.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not read anything by this author before. I am glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Come to a village to buy sheep, end up finding your one true love - not a bad deal :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still need to keep going with this series. I read the prequel and then flitted to another series of her.
    I do like how there isn't overblown drama in her stories, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, dunno if I have read the prequel, I think not

      Delete
  15. I have enjoyed the books I have read of hers. I must keep this one in mind as you bring out some good points about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is good and I have sure read a lot by her

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP