Tuesday 6 June 2017

Audiobook: The Dispatcher and Tell Me Something Tuesday : Picks for Summer 2017

One day, not long from now, it becomes almost impossible to murder anyone - 999 times out of a thousand, anyone who is intentionally killed comes back. How? We don't know. But it changes everything: war, crime, daily life.

Tony Valdez is a Dispatcher - a licensed, bonded professional whose job is to humanely dispatch those whose circumstances put them in death's crosshairs, so they can have a second chance to avoid the reaper. But when a fellow Dispatcher and former friend is apparently kidnapped, Tony learns that there are some things that are worse than death and that some people are ready to do almost anything to avenge a supposed wrong.

It's a race against time for Valdez to find his friend before it's too late...before not even a Dispatcher can save him.

My thoughts:
Since this one was free I was all yes please. Oh and narrated by Quinto! Nice. He did well, and I do like his voice.

The story was interesting and weird. It seems that you can bring people back from the dead. How? Nobody knows. Strange but yes like I said interesting. The book follows Tony who helps a cop find a fellow dispatcher that has gone missing. We learn more about crime, how to get around the dispatcher issue and the darker side of dispatching.

It was short, but hey it still takes a long time for me to listen so I was all for that.

Good and short

Audible Audio, Unabridged, 2 hours 9 min
Published October 4th 2016 by Audible Studios
Mystery
Own


Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post on Rainy Day Ramblings where Rainy discuss a wide range of topics from books to blogging. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog.

This week's conversation starter:
June 6th: Picks for Summer 2017
I had to go check my wishlist, but you know that might change before summer has come as I am writing this in March, but here are a few picks.

Grave witch Alex Craft is no stranger to the dead talking. She raises shades, works with ghosts, and is dating Death himself. But the dead walking? That’s not supposed to happen. And yet reanimated corpses are committing crimes across Nekros City.


Kate Harker is a girl who isn’t afraid of the dark. She’s a girl who hunts monsters. And she’s good at it. August Flynn is a monster who can never be human, no matter how much he once yearned for it. He’s a monster with a part to play. And he will play it, no matter the cost.

Book 2! I can't wait

With her brother Thomas injured on the battlefront in the Colonies, orphaned Cecilia Harcourt has two unbearable choices: move in with a maiden aunt or marry a scheming cousin. Instead, she chooses option three and travels across the Atlantic

Because it's Quinn

40 comments:

  1. Really nice and thanks for sharing. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up and listened to Dispatcher for the same reasons. I really, really liked it. In fact, I had my son listen too. It is an interesting concept and the narration was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free is always awesome :D
      Such a weird and cool concept

      Delete
  3. I might check out that audio book. I'm attempting my first one (in many, many years) and a short one sounds like a good way to jump in.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this story too. It was very full story for being so short. I'm excited for Alex Craft too. :-)

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Short but still hard to get into? Hmmm. Sounds interesting, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for good and short :) I keep eye balling that series by KPrice!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why haven't I seen that Schwab book? I really need to go research it. I have been eyeing the Price series for years and still haven't picked it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow. That is an interesting premise. It sounds like a lot to tackle for a short story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like The Dispatchers. I've listened to it about 10 times. #getsocial17

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quinto was so good as a narrator, right? I had the print book but when I saw he was reading, I just had to get a copy of the audiobook as well.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Kalayna Price books do look good. And The Dispatcher- that's a cool premise! I wonder why people are coming back? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea, neither had they. The power of something

      Delete
  12. I loved the Dispatcher. It was quirky, but a fun mystery and Quinto was a great narrator.

    Neat that you could do a Summer list. I always blank when I have to come up with a new season's release list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard! I never remember when books are out, I have to check my wishlist and go all oh...that one is out?

      Delete
  13. Nice! I need to try the Price one! I have it and I'm so ipatient!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard about The Dispacher lately, doesn't seem like standard Scalzi, but still seems pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only read one by him and I can sort of see how it's by the same guy

      Delete
  15. Not sure about the Dispatcher. Your wishlist looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed the Dispatcher too. And yes Quinn is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Quinn's latest is quite entertaining, though not a historical romance fave, and I'm so excited for Our Dark Duet!! It's going to be amazing, I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1) Short and good is the best.

    2) Some good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Dispatcher sounds good - and sometimes I like short. I just finished my first by Scalzi the other day.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP