Monday 26 June 2017

Audio Review: Silver Silence - Nalini Singh

Control. Precision. Family. These are the principles that drive Silver Mercant. At a time when the fledgling Trinity Accord seeks to unite a divided world, with Silver playing a crucial role as director of a worldwide emergency response network, wildness and chaos are the last things she needs in her life. But that’s exactly what Valentin Nikolaev, alpha of the StoneWater Bears, brings with him.

Valentin has never met a more fascinating woman. Though Silver is ruled by Silence—her mind clear of all emotion—Valentin senses a whisper of fire around her. That’s what keeps him climbing apartment buildings to be near her. But when a shadow assassin almost succeeds in poisoning Silver, the stakes become deadly serious…and Silver finds herself in the heart of a powerful bear clan.

Her would-be assassin has no idea what their poison has unleashed...

My thoughts:
I have not read all of the psy-changeling book, I actually did not see Silence Fall. But hey I knew Silence had fallen and it felt like the new series it was.

Silver is still silent. Cold psy, all business and in danger. I liked her, the psy are just so freaky, cold and emotionless. So filled with logic.

Nikolai is her opposite. A bear who likes hugs, who will do anything for his clan and who has decided that she is his. Oh man, she does not stand a chance.

He chases her and well duh of course things happen- It's a romance after all. But I will not say how it happens or how Singh manages to tear my heart apart with her evil ways. So perfectly evil and awesome.

The plot going on in the background is a part of the who poisoned her thing. Everyone is not happy that Trinity is ruling. That all are equals, some just do not believe it to be so. Dang idiots. It felt so real with terrorists running around and innocents getting hurt.

A good book with romance, suspense and bears I want to meet

Narration by Angela Dawe
I was weirded out at first by her voices. All the Russians, male and female sounded like they had smoked too much and drunk too much vodka. It was strange. But I got used to it (still weird though and not sexy.)

But she did a good job and I enjoyed listening to her voice. I would def want to listen to the next one. it works perfectly on audio.

Cover
nah

16 hrs and 1 min
Audible Audio, Unabridged, 17 pages
Published June 13th 2017 by Tantor Audio
Psy-Changeling Trinity #1, Psy-Changeling #16
Paranormal romance
For review

46 comments:

  1. The review was straight to the point, and seems like an enjoyable read, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds complicated but in a good way! Lol about the narrator's voice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too much smoking and drinking for the narrator? LOL - sounds like a good audiobook. I just read a review this morning by someone who really liked this book.I've never tried this author but might someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not for her, but for the Russians she portrayed, like they all sounds like tbat

      Delete
  4. Your comments on the narration made m laugh. Too bad they all sounded like that. I have read a few psy books and need to catch up

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol'ed @ the smoked too much and drank too much vodka. I wonder if that's how most of us Americans think Russians sound like *shakes head*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I do not know, to me they do not sound like that

      Delete
  6. Great review. I haven't ever listened to this series, but I know a lot of peeps who enjoy Ms. Dawe's narration. Sounds like she went with the stereotypical movie Russian! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could take the men, but they women sounded like that too, lol

      Delete
  7. I really really need to pick up Singh's books one of these days. Her romances sound amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep meaning to read more of the psy-changeling books. This sounds quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read her psy-changeling series yet so this might be good for me. I don't need to read all the others first.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you enjoyed this one. Sometimes female narrators narrate men like they smoke ten packs of cigarettes a day, and it can be annoying. LOL

    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice. I have several of these marked for later and now I know the audios are good. I haven't read any of these yet but they are on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Psy- changelings sound kinda awesome. Bears? And drunk Russians lol. Seriously though, sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a chance to meet Nalini at a book signing a few months ago, and she has the best personality. Unfortunately for me, I almost always fall asleep during audio reads, and everyone gets so mad at me. (lol) Sounds good though! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I am all jealous, I would love to meet her :D

      U can always read it

      Delete
  14. I loved reading this one, wanted to go hang out with the bears for sure! I have read the whole series, and intend doing a reread by listening to all the audio! Will be awhile before I get to the husky voices!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so want to read this book, but I get to understand that although it is the start of a new series, I need read her psy-changeling series first

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes more sense that way, but I did not read all ;)

      Delete
  16. These types of stories are best in audio - I find they are fun to listen to and they go real quick. Sorry to hear about the weird accents though, it can get so distracting!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful review! I loved this one, too! Valentin and his clan were so overwhelming and lovely and Silver was a cool, fire with ice burning underneath in contrast. Opposites attract and this match was lovely! Wonderful review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that overwhelming bunch of bears :D

      Delete
  18. Yes, she pulls ones heart out at times.

    LOL, smoker, vodka voices. Now I'm curious and need to check out a sampling.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Weird not sexy. Darn. lol I've not listened to her before.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this sounds like a great narrator. This is a series I'd like to try one day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't read this series before but definitely want to. Too bad the voices the narrator used were a bit weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have worked if not the women sounded like that too

      Delete
  22. Oooh, I loved this one! Valentin was a big, sexy, hug-able teddy bear! Wonderful review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am seeing your post now :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I may skip the audio, but the book sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP