Friday 9 June 2017

Friday Night Movie: Winter's Tale

A burglar falls for an heiress as she dies in his arms. When he learns that he has the gift of reincarnation, he sets out to save her.

Director: Akiva Goldsman
Writers: Akiva Goldsman (screenplay), Mark Helprin (novel)
Stars: Colin Farrell, Jessica Brown Findlay, Russell Crowe 

1 h 58 min
Drama/Fantasy (2014)

Musings:
I heard this one was good so I had to give it a go. It took me a while thought. And as always, rather slow moving. The movie take its time.

I liked the historical beginning. I had only seen this other poster so I did not realise when it would take place. The thief falls in love with the dying woman. And look there is magic around, and dark powers. Yes I really had no idea what it was about. There was a whole world not known to others.

I liked Farrell, that accent was not bad either you know. Crowe was a nice baddie, even if I really did not get why he wanted him dead. Good characters.

And then it moved to the present era...no more about that.

A good movie. But yes for some reason I keep picking the slow ones. Not slow as in bad, just slow. Not a lot of action and so on.



30 comments:

  1. I saw this in the theater and found it confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of this movie. I am not sure that it would be for me. Thanks for your thoughts on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to watch the not so popular ones

      Delete
  3. I remember the trailer for this one but had no idea that's what it was about.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTF is up with his haircut? IT looks awful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good, but I rarely watch movies. Maybe if someone could make it into a book...LOL

    Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've ever seen this one. Ooo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adapted from a book? Good to hear. The story sounds like something I'd like to read, but maybe as a movie I might get bored ;-)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems so :) I have not heard of the book or author

      Delete
  8. The book was ginormous! To tell you the truth, I wish the lead was played by another actor. I'm not the biggest fan of Collin. :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is new t me too. Looks like a good cast though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to find the smaller ones :)

      Delete
  10. I like the actors, but not sure I want to watch a slow one, either. I fall asleep so easily these days for shows and movies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this one either. Might have to try it as I quite like Colin Farrell.
    #GetSocial17

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't remember if I saw it

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't seen this one before :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm I do want to see this.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP