Thursday 1 June 2017

With a prince - Jeffe Kennedy

The guy on the train is just Marcia’s type. A face like an angel, a scent like raw honey, treats her like he has a white horse and suit of armor stowed in his messenger bag. Perfect.

Too perfect. No guy like that would be interested in prim, awkward Marcia, notorious goody-goody and a twentysomething still clutching her v-card. She’s been following rules her whole life—but somewhere, the game changed. And left her behind. 

So when she meets Damien, with his rumbling motorbike, gleaming piercings, and wicked imagination, she doesn’t care that he’s the exact opposite of “her type.” Her type would never dare her into such shocking, fiendishly inventive adventures—and she can’t wait to say yes.

Yes to whiskey in the middle of a workday. Yes to letting her hands roam over his body from the back of his bike. Yes to a fling full of wild abandon and absolutely no long-term potential. Except Damien’s not just the straightforward bad boy she imagined. And as they burn through Chicago’s nights, Marcia can’t shake the fear that this happiness is just another fairy tale… 

My thoughts.
My first book finished since becoming a mum. I am so glad I went for a novella! Well I did finish that audiobook but that was easier.

Enough of that. Too the book then. It was a sexy novella that even made me want to cry. Omg, NO it was NOT sad. But there was this disappointment and I went all mommy sad *eye roll* I so can not get these hormones under control. I just wanted to rage...and I can not say more cos spoilers. But arghh, rage!

Marcia is the good girl, the virgin, the one who is waiting for her prince charming. But then she meets someone who is SO wrong. And for once she just want to live. I get that. She wants to experience life and forget her rules. And he sure was sexy and so wrong that a taste would be so right.

So well duh there is passion, there is some drama. There is friendship (I so want friends like that! Well at times...*silence*) And there are 3 more women who will find love too. You do not need to have read the first to enjoy this one, BUT there was something that happened in book 1 so the tension is there and yes maybe just read in order then.

I like a novella that manages to make it believable that people can fall for each other in a short amount of time. It never felt too short.

Kindle Edition, 200
Expected publication: May 30th 2017 by Brightlynx Publishing
Missed Connections #2
Contemporary romance
For review

36 comments:

  1. I like that you're easing into reading/blogging slowly. That's the only way to do it, I think. Especially with a wee one. :D

    Hope you and baby are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking it slow :) And I so have to read something

      Thank you! ALl is well

      Delete
  2. I might grab this one then. I've been wanting to try the author and novella length sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'll have to read book 1 to better understand the series :)
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will get those hormones reigned in soon. Glad this was a beliveable novella.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hormones and mood swings will be gone soon. Took me 6 months but I'm weird. lol Gotta love novellas when you don't have a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes. I guess I might cry over silly things in books for 6 months then

      Delete
  6. Oh I actually really like the sound of this book, I hadn't realised that it was part of a series, so I shall definitely be checking the rest of the series out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the little one! Short books are perfect when you want to read and don't have tons of time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice that it sold the quick romance in a realistic way. Sounds like the good outweighed the bad?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds good, always glad when a novella works so well :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love Jeffe Kennedy, but I haven't read many of her contemporary romances. I love her fantasies.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do prefer her fantasies cos I adore those

      Delete
  11. Huh... I love Jeffe's work, but the description of this book didn't sound appealing. Yet your review makes me rethink my stance! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are...hmm...har to explain, games are played, but yeah

      Delete
  12. Yes, I like a novella to have a strongly developed plot, too. Glad you got one even if the hormones raged. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need one day to read a book by this author!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, hormones can make you feel so emotional! Glad to hear you enjoyed your first read since the baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think a novella is perfect sometimes! Congrats on becoming a mum , I did not realize you are a new mum, that's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's too bad that this brought out some rage haha but congrats on being a mum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL sounds fun even with the rage and tears.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Novellas can be good especially when they have a well developed plot. Congrats on the little one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought I commented...but I have been forgetful lately, so goodness knows. Dang this new job! *shakes fist*

    But - this sounds pretty decent. I would wanna read the first book I think.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP