Thursday 15 March 2018

Audio: Highland Dragon Master - Isabel Cooper

Legend claims
When Scotland fell to English rule
The Highland dragons took a vow:
Freedom at any price.

The war for Scottish independence rages on, but it's only a matter of time before England is victorious. Exhausted and battle-weary, Highland dragon Erik MacAlasdair will face unknown seas to seek the Templar stronghold and claim a power so great it could free his beloved homeland forever.

If only that kind of power didn't come with such a terrible price.

Daughter of a mortal woman and an ancient dragon, Toinette has never forgotten the proud Scot who once stole her young heart—she'll gladly fight at his side. But when dark forces leave them stranded on a cursed island, it will take everything they have to defy their fate...and trust the passion that burns within the heart of every dragon. 

Audio CD, 9 h
Published March 6th 2018 by Tantor Audio
Dawn of the Highland Dragon #3
Historical paranormal romance
For review

My thoughs:
For a romance there was not a lot of romance. It's more historical romance, with romance or well, lust thrown in at the end.

Erik needs an old artifact that the Templars hid. So he hires a ship, and look the captain is his old friend Toinette. Friend and friend, they spent a few years together as teens and shared a kiss. Oh and they are both dragons.

For a Highland book it does not even take place in the Highlands! I was very sad, I mean only one Scot! Shame, shame. Most of the book takes place on this really creepy cursed island. I mean really creepy, when I listened in the dark all I thought was, I really hope this does not give me nightmares! It was one of those not shown, just speculation and then more and more. That was one freaky island! And there they are, stranded (and no, they can't just fly away.)

Most of the book is trying to get away, and these two growing closer and giving in to that passion that has been building.

Starting a book shakily it ended with a creepy bang. A good creepy bang.

Narrator Derek Perkins
Sure it worked, but, I honestly feel he would be better for straight up romance. Not this mostly pnr thing. I think I would enjoy it more in a proper setting, with balls and dinners. He does have the voice for that.

Cover
sexy dragon alert

27 comments:

  1. I think I wouldn't have expected that either

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great review Blodeuedd

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have wanted more romance too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU!!!! I was wondering how this book was <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh... I don't mind slow burn romance, especially in historicals, but if it's too much action, it can get annoying. I like the guy on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Umm maybe not for me, I don't mind action but I see above you say slow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was more...you know slow to give that haunting feeling.Not a lot happens before the end

      Delete
  7. Hmm, a historical romance where the romance doesn't really kick in until close to the end actually sounds good to me.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I would not call what happens romance either ;)

      Delete
  8. I am curious about this creepy island. I think that I might like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! I had a similar reaction to the first book in the earlier series. It had a Highlander in a kilt with a sword on the cover and most of the book was the Scot in high society Victorian London. I felt gypped. At least there is a creepy island. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, well yes I expected more. Like that facepaint, you sure did nt get that on this island

      Delete
  10. Bummer when it's lacking in the romance department. :(

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP