Thursday 22 March 2018

Hurts to love you - Alisha Rai

Heiress Evangeline Chandler knows how to keep a secret . . . like her life-long crush on the tattooed hottie who just happens to be her big brother’s friend. She’s a Chandler, after all, and Chandlers don’t hook up with the help. Then again, they also don’t disobey their fathers and quit their respectable jobs, so good-girl rules may no longer apply.

Gabriel Hunter hides the pain of his past behind a smile, but he can’t hide his sudden attraction to his friend’s sheltered little sister. Eve is far too sweet to accept anything less than forever and there’s no chance of a future between the son of a housekeeper and the town’s resident princess.

When a wedding party forces Eve and Gabe into tight quarters, keeping their hands off each other will be as hard as keeping their clothes on. The need that draws them together is stronger than the forces that should shove them apart . . . but their sparks may not survive the explosion when long-buried secrets are finally unearthed. 

ebook, 384 pages
Expected publication: March 27th 2018 by Avon
Forbidden Hearts #3
Contemporary romance
Edelweiss

My thoughts:
Lily is restless. I get that. Omg, her dad was a d*ck! She wants to do something for herself, and that is not easy when she is a Chandler. The big name in her town. She was smart, sweet and totally lusting after Gabriel. Like this girl wanted him bad. You go girl.

Gabriel is a tattoo artist. The son of the help and with issues. I liked those issues. That sounds bad, but poor guy. I feel your pain! He does not stand a chance against her.

The book feels sort of short. Most of it takes place at this big house where the wedding will be and they are alone at first. Finally a chance to get to know each other better. And then there will be drama and secrets before we can have a wedding (not theirs obviously.)

It did make me interested in the previous couples.
One thing at the end could have been left out, I did not want to know why her dad was a d*ck. That felt like an excuse. Some people are just evil.

Good

25 comments:

  1. Its nice to know you could jump into the series at book three and enjoy it and its also nice that it made you want to go back and read more. I like the premise and would also want to know why the dad was a jerk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make it easy when it is contemporary romance :)
      Oh he was arghhh

      Delete
  2. I have the first book on my Kindle and need to read it one of these days.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like when opposites attract.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the first one in this series! I am waiting and waiting for my library on this one. Now I'm definitely curious about the end and the dad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess if a book seems a little short that's a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I will pass, the dad totally puts me off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was my least favorite of the series, but I still enjoyed it :) I hope you can backtrack to the others sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that it could have been more fleshed out

      Delete
  8. I liked this one but not like the previous books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some dad's are just bad. I'm glad you enjoyed it enough to be interested in other books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wondered if this was a series that could work as standalones. This sounds like a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, a tattoo artist. I like that. But crushign after your bro's friend? Could spell bad news...but it sounds like it worked!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not tried this author, you have me curious about the series.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy you read Alisha Rai! Love her stuff. The first book in this series is my fave. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would lust over Gabriel too. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP