Friday 9 March 2018

Audio: A Kiss in the Dark - Gina Giocca

When the lights go out at a Georgia high school football game, senior Macy Atwood finds herself in the arms of a boy who kisses her senseless-but he's gone by the time the lights come back on. All she knows is that there was something special-and oddly familiar-about her mystery kisser. Noah Granger, Ridgedale's resident bad boy and newest transfer student, has no problem taking credit for the kiss, but Macy can't shake the feeling that he's lying. Especially since a photograph of Macy and former star football player Joel Hargrove resurfaced online moments before the blackout, a not-so-random reminder of how hard she fell for Joel last year. And how doing so ultimately sent her lifelong friendships with Meredith Kopala and Ben Collins up in literal smoke. Soon last year's wounds begin to reopen as Macy realizes the events that unfolded during junior year are somehow tied to her mystery kisser. But the closer Macy gets to figuring it all out, the more she starts to worry that the boy who kissed her in the dark and the boy who is stealing her heart might be two very different people. 

Audio CD, 9 h
Published March 6th 2018 by Tantor Audio
Narrator: Amy Melissa Bentley
YA /romance
For review

MY thoughts:
The book alternates between junior and senior year. And I lost my train of thought. You know what, YA really works for me when it is like this. First audio, obviously, and second, normal YA with normal people. No angst. Drama, yes, they are teens after all. And romance of course.

Macy loves to take photos (this author seems to have a type),  she is nice and normal. I'd love to have had a friend like that in HS.
And then someone kisses her, in the dark. Let the drama begin. 

There is Joel who she got close to last year. And as the book alternates we get to see them meeting and becoming friend. But something obviously happened.

There is Noah, the new guy in school, hot and wanting to get to know her better. He is not around in the previous year though. But it could be him.

I wanted to know what happened. Why did she looser her bestie Meredith? And her friend Ben? Why is she not talking with Joel anymore? I did like how it all came together. Oh and kids can sure hold grudges!

I spotted the mysterious kisser when all the players were introduced, so yes that was easy and I was happy.

I spotted the other secret before the first real hint was out. But I did wonder about that when nothing happened (before the end). Juicy secrets.

A nice YA fiction.

Narration
I think this is my 5th? book by Amy Melissa Bentley and I so like her voice. When she started talking I was all, yay, it is Amy! I like her soothing voice and her different characters. She is also really good at YA

Sample

28 comments:

  1. I don't normally read YA, and I don't know about a teenager actually kissing someone in the dark.(lol) Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I did think about that. But it's not creepy, they just run into each other in the dark. Dunno why she just does not recognize his wife and dark is not that dark

      Delete
  2. this was a cute story but I wanted throttle to Macy for being so blind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yes! I was all girl! Look! 'shakes head*

      Delete
  3. Ooh a mystery kisser. Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like books with normal people. I am wondering who this mysterious kisser is :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the synopsis for this! Now I need to know who kissed her senseless in the dark, lol. It sounds like a sweet romance.

    Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when an narrator just pulls you in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angst is one of the reasons why I don't like a lot of YA. Authors just can't seem to avoid it. I'm glad that this one avoided that. I haven't listened to this narrator, but I will keep my eye out for her.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THey thrive on it. I get a little, that is normal, but if it gets to heavy I am out.

      Whaat? And I am on my 5th :D

      Delete
  8. Yes when it comes to YA, drama happens because you are dealing with teens and that is just part of the package. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this sounds like a fun YA, too. I don't read the contemporaries that often (b/c angst), but I'll give it a try. I like Amy's narrative work, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is just so fun! I like her voice for romance and YA

      Delete
  10. Okay, lights go out in a crowded place and a girl gets kissed hard by a random guy in the dark. Only a YA book can turn this creeper scenario into a romancey story, lol!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know I know. I was all, ehm, metoo? But it works

      Delete
  11. Ooh a mystery kisser!! Good times at the football game :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds good overall. I'm not a fan off too much angst either.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP