Wednesday 14 March 2018

Audio: No Earls allowed - Shana Galen

Lady Juliana, daughter of the Earl of St. Maur, needs all the help she can get. She's running a ramshackle orphanage, London's worst slumlord has illicit designs on her, and her father has suddenly become determined to marry her off. Enter Major Neil Wraxall, bastard son of the Marquess of Kensington, sent to assist Lady Juliana in any way he can. Lucky for her, he's handy with repairs, knows how to keep her and the orphans safe, and is a natural leader of men. Unfortunately for both of them, the scandal that ensues from their mutual attraction is going to lead them a merry dance . . . 

Audio CD, 10 h
Published March 6th 2018 by Tantor Audio
The Survivors #2
Historical romance
For review

My thoughts
These poor war heroes. They certainly do not seem themselves as heroes, and the turn has come to Neil. The man who gave the orders and now he blames himself for the death of his men. Drinking himself to death and having nightmares. Luckily his dad sends him on a new mission (oh and yes he is a bastard so he has issues with that too.)

Juliana was, oh well, yes girl power and all that, but omg woman, you are taking over an orphanage in the slums, please have some backup! I would be scared. While she was all, I can do that! Kudos for that, but scary! And yes there is this guy after her too. But then again, she cares not for reputation or anything else. All she wants to do is take care of these orphans and try and get some order. I did like her, even if I did want her to take Neil's help and not be so stubborn ;)

Oh and why are there always boys? I never come across any orphanages with girls. But the boys were fun and I liked how the interacted with Neil.

The house is falling apart. The boys are running wild. There is no one except for Julia there. There is a creepy crimelord around. Neil has his hands full. And they also have time to fall in love (and they are both virgins ;) I just had to add that.)

Conclusion:
Sweet with danger and rats!

Victoria Aston
I like her voices for everyone. She works excellent for historical romance and it's fun listening to.
I am there in the moment and it sure makes for fun audio. Romance was made for it.


Cover thoughts.
Makes no sense. A country estate? A ball gown? Sure she attends like 3 functions but most of the book takes place in the orphanage

30 comments:

  1. Yeah I really dislike that cover, but it sounds like the inside is pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If a his-fic heroine doesn't care for her reputation... welll.. there must be a very good reason behind that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Oh and why are there always boys? I never come across any orphanages with girls." Huh now that you mention it I see the same thing when I read lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder why? Boys are more fun? Where are all the little orphan girls? Poor little girls

      Delete
  4. sounds good Blodeuedd I'll the danger but ewww to the rats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, they have been trained as pets, which is better than rats running around biting

      Delete
  5. huh humm rats lol, but this looks fun, lots going on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely review. I can't wait to read this one, I liked book one. And yes I would like to see more girl orphanages too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. book 1 was wonderful! Ewan!!!! Broke my heart

      Delete
  7. Huh, almost all the street urchins/orphans I come across in books are boys too. I just read a book like that in fact, haha!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor girls, they have to live on the streets while boys gets an orphanage ;)

      Delete
  8. I kind of like the cover, but that's probably because I didn't read the story :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds so familiar I was sure I had read it, but no GR tells me not! Must look up Victoria Ashton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did recently read one where the heroine spent a lot time at an orphanage, but this one a actually lives there and runs it

      Delete
  10. I liked the first book in this series but haven't had the chance to read this one yet. Maybe I will try to get my hands on the audio. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one was so beautiful, Ewan had my heart

      Delete
  11. The title is catchy, but I have to admit that the cover wasn't my fave. Still, this sounds like it has a lot of interesting stuff going on for sure. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now everyone thinks I do not like it, I mean I do! Just it is wrong

      Delete
  12. LOL - "Sweet with danger and rats" - that is the best line!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's because orphanages killed all the girls so they weren't a burden on society. *HAHAHA*

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cover is goofy but I oddly like it!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP