Friday 16 March 2018

Audio: A perfect gentleman - Candace Camp

Forced to marry an American heiress to save his family, Graeme Parr, Earl of Montclair, vowed their marriage would be in name only. Abigail Price thought handsome, aristocratic Graeme was her knight in shining armor, rescuing her from her overbearing father. But when she was spurned by her husband on their wedding night, Abigail fled home to New York.

Now, years later, Abigail has returned. But this sophisticated, alluring woman is not the drab girl Graeme remembers. Appalled by her bold American ways but drawn to her beauty, Graeme follows her on a merry chase through London’s elegant ballrooms to its dockside taverns—why is his wife back? What could she want of him now?

Torn between desire and suspicion, Graeme fears that Abby, like her unprincipled father, has a devious plan to ruin him. But is Abigail’s true desire Graeme’s destruction...or winning his love at last? 

Audio CD, 11 pages
Published March 13th 2018 by Tantor Audio (first published March 28th 2017)
Montclair-de Vere #1
For review
Historical romance

My thoughts:
I really wanted to hit these two over the head, but yes yes I totally get it, still one should think they would understand that the other person liked them back. Alas no.

Abby ran away 10 years ago (and I totally get why). Now she is back to give him a second chance. And she is confident (at times), stronger and her own woman.

Graeme spent the last 10 years alone, and not that he cared. He never wanted a wife in the first place. 

Ok so yes their marriage started on such bad terms. He likes someone else. Her father blackmailed him and orchestrated the whole thing. Can you blame either of them?

And he is certainly no perfect gentleman! Shame on your Sir!

They have a lot work through. There is distrust on both sides and even when they enjoy spending time together they have second thoughts. Idiots! You clearly enjoy it!

But that is not all! There is danger and secrets to unravel too. I did guess it in the end, yes! I got one thing right for once.

Danger and drama.

Narrator. Gildart Jackson
His range was not the best. Of course I could still enjoy it, but I wished he had not forgotten her accent.

24 comments:

  1. the cover is cute, sounds like this would be better read not sure how I would feel about the narrator

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still worked cos it just does, but yeah

      Delete
  2. "Shame on you sir!" *giggles* They sound like they have quite a bit to work out!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danger and drama can be fun and I do love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me laugh when you said you wished he hadn't forgotten her accent. You'd think at least he could remember! Congrats on making out one secret before it was revealed. Another good historical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so bad at guessing things.Murderers, secrets, I never get anything right, but for once I got it right

      Delete
  5. Characters you want to hit over the head, that would drive me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, you know me and my penchant for hitting people

      Delete
  6. I haven't read Candace Camp before. 10 years apart is a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well he hated her and she was all f this

      Delete
  7. I get so frustrated when characters don't figure things out quickly, lol. I want to yell and shake, but alas...

    I'm just going to say I love this post and I really need to re-read this series ASAP. It's bee too long. If I tried to comment on everything, we'd be here all night. ;)

    I will say that I do feel like I read it differently as a child than as an adult. Different things stick with me at the end, and new things will pop out at me when I'm reading. I love that the books seem to grow with me.

    Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes, but I guess it is fun, but sometimes I just get so OMG people! get a clue!

      You read it?! Awww, I am gonna get book 2, since I liked his cousin and Laura. whaaat?

      Delete
  8. The story looks good and it looked like it happens a lot too

    ReplyDelete
  9. As you know, it's hard for me to get through an audio(lol), but I'm glad you enjoyed it for the most part. After 10 years of being away, why in the world did she even go back? Sounds like a good set-up for the story for sure. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know ;)

      Silly woman! But she can't really love or be with someone so she goes back

      Delete
  10. It sounds like these two will drive me up the wall. I have a hard time with historicals on audio. They always seem to move too slow for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them on audio :D Better than in print

      Delete
  11. I read a book similar to this. I wonder if it was common back in the day for this type of marriage to happen? Old British families marrying rich Americans? Huh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have watched documentaries about it, The Brits were poor with big houses, Americans wanted a title, boom!

      Delete
  12. Hmmm... I don't know if I could get around the running away bit, but I have read some good reunion books. Maybe if he was a Duke...

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP