Friday 30 March 2018

Oathbringer - Brandon Sanderson

Dalinar Kholin's Alethi armies won a fleeting victory at a terrible cost: The enemy Parshendi summoned the violent Everstorm, which now sweeps the world with destruction, and in its passing awakens the once peaceful and subservient parshmen to the horror of their millennia-long enslavement by humans. While on a desperate flight to warn his family of the threat, Kaladin Stormblessed must come to grips with the fact that the newly kindled anger of the parshmen may be wholly justified.

Nestled in the mountains high above the storms, in the tower city of Urithiru, Shallan Davar investigates the wonders of the ancient stronghold of the Knights Radiant and unearths dark secrets lurking in its depths. And Dalinar realizes that his holy mission to unite his homeland of Alethkar was too narrow in scope. Unless all the nations of Roshar can put aside Dalinar's blood-soaked past and stand together--and unless Dalinar himself can confront that past--even the restoration of the Knights Radiant will not prevent the end of civilization.

Paperback, 1243p
Published November 14th 2017 by Tor Books
The Stormlight Archive #3, The Cosmere
Fantasy
Own

My thoughts:
Oh Sanderson, I love your works, but....omg, this was so freaking long! I have a 10 month old baby, I do not have time for 1200 pages! You are killing me. It should have been 2 books.

Now when I can not immerse myself in books anymore I can see that he drags things out, like a lot.
Also it was like 3 years since the last one came out (or more) and I could not remember anything.

Like why is Shallan 3 people?
What happened to Jasnah?
I still like Kaladin.
Dalinar is good too

I have forgotten everything about the magic system.

SO this is a series that should not be read with too long intervals.

It was still a good book, but omg, please focus on one series man, ONE! Not one million.

And since I could not loose myself it went from amazing to just good.

27 comments:

  1. OMG is right and it should have been three books LOL. :) this is why I stay away from some hard fantasy even though I love the genre who has time for a 1200+ page book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like long books if the story is really really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. I really enjoyed this one but wow big

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have wanted to read this author but 1200 hundred pages is hard to fit in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He has so many books, and big books, that I'm scared to even start...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my yes, I enjoy this author but three books would have been better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, this book took me three weeks to read! To be fair I was in no rush at the time, but it is still the length of 3-4 average sized books. Sanderson is a machine with the number of books he puts out, but they are all wonderful.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard a lot about this author and even more about how the books are, lol. I haven't read anything by them personally, but I've been meaning to try.

    Like you, I have kids. There is zero time to get lost in something for too long. (Twins and a toddler!)

    Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got a series that I read that has 1000+ pages in a book. I really enjoy the series, but it is a daunting task to take on a book of that length. I also agree that too long between books isn't good. I'm glad you still enjoyed anyway.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget even when one year apart so this was so long

      Delete
  10. Wait... 1200 pages? Seriously? I just couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like what I have read from Sanderson but still need to start this series. 1200 pages is a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU GOT THROUGH 1200 PAGES!!! OMG. #Goals

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP