Thursday 14 June 2018

Audio: Baker's Magic - Diane Zahler

Bee is an orphan, alone in a poor, crumbling kingdom. In desperation, she steals a bun from a bakery, and to her surprise, the baker offers her a place at his shop. As she learns to bake, Bee discovers that she has a magical power. When a new friend desperately needs her help against an evil mage, Bee wonders what an orphan girl with only a small bit of magic can do. Bee's journey to help her friend becomes a journey to save the kingdom, and a discovery of the meaning of family.

Audiobook, 7 h
Published October 2016 by Live Oak Media (NY) (first published February 1st 2016)
MG Fantasy
Own

My thoughts:
I liked this one, it was cute. I did not realise it was MG until I had started it. But yes I do saw that it was MG when Bee steals something and instead of being angry everyone is worried and helps her ;)

It was a fun tale to listen to. Bee has run away and finds a new home with a baker as his apprentice. And she discovers she has magic when she bakes. She makes friends and all is well. 

The constant baking made me hungry, so much yumminess!

But there is a darker side to this story too *coughs* well dark and dark. There is an evil mage and Bee must help someone take him down.

So Bee gets to have quite the adventure with dangers, magic and all things I can not mention cos there goes the plot.

But all in all, a really fun little story that everyone can listen too. It never felt too young. It felt like a fairytale.

Narrators: Elisabeth Rodgers, Stina Nielsen, Robin Miles, Kenneth Cavett, Stephen DeRosa, Tavia Gilbert, Michael Crouch, L.J. Ganser 

As you can see it was a full cast. Sure, that works. But did it make it better? I am so used to one person narrating so this was kind of strange. It took me a while to get used to. I did like it, but at the same time, one person narrating is fine too.

Also I have NO idea who did what so I can't say anything about individual performances


PS. Today is Thursday so remember to head on over to Audio Book Sync for this week's freebies
June 14 – June 20

24 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I don't mind a MG especially when it is fantasy like this - must look out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freebiesss! I have so many audiobooks I have no idea where to begin...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally put in all of mine :D Over 40 only from audiosync, they have been piling up since I did not listen before

      Delete
  4. I tend to get hungry when listening to books with baking as well. Glad you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what MG is. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, this sounds cute...in a dark kinda of way, haha. Though I admit, the constant talk of baking would make me hungry too.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone drooled when they ate too so had to be good

      Delete
  7. Eeek sorry Sophia! I deleted your comment by mistake

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds cute. I recognize a couple of narrators.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Books with food always make me hungry, lol. This sounds like a really cute MG book. I'll definitely check it out and possibly read it to my kid. :)

    L @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This audiobook sounds lovely! I have had some good cast recordings in the past and enjoyed them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds good. I've only listened to one full cast production (DUNE), and I liked it. It's like listening to a radio show. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP