Wednesday 20 June 2018

Audio: What happens in Summer - Caridad Pineiro

She knows the kind of man he is;
The kind who breaks hearts.
But a hot summer at the Jersey Shore
Might be just what they need to light up their lives . . .

As the only daughter of a single mom, Connie Reyes swore she would never put herself or her child in a similar position. But when she runs into oh so tempting Jonathan Pierce at a wedding, she knows she must stay away. She'll fall for him—hard. And he's not the type to stick around.

Ever since he left town after their teenage fling, Jonathan hasn't been able to forget about Connie. He can't wait for the wedding—to show her the man he's become. And when the night finally comes, their mutual desire will lead to unexpected consequences neither of them were prepared for . . . 

Audio CD, 8 pages
Published June 5th 2018 by Tantor Audio
At the Shore #2
Contemporary romance
For review

MY thoughts:
Oh Connie! I get that your dad left, but that does not mean that Jonathan is just like him. Walking out on your family is not the same as travelling the world and finding your passion. But hey a book needs drama so let us begin.

Connie and Jonathan shared a summer long ago. But he dropped out of College and she went on to become a lawyer cos she wanted stability.

But they always meet again since her BFF is neighbor to his family, and cos her BFF Maggie and Owen, J's brother hooked up in book 1. 

They banter, they want each other. I want her to let loose and forget about her big plan. I like how he does not give up because he know they are meant to be. I do like a man who gives chase and is not the one running away.

The book actually takes place at the same time as book 1 did. So the big thing I already guessed there. It makes me wonder if book 3 takes place at the same time too since they seem to be doing a dance around too.

But cute and nice

Narrator Veronica Worthington
I was not totally on board with book 1, I felt like her voices blended together and everyone sounded the same. But here they do not. Maybe she got better. Cos here everything fits and i like her narration and voices

Sample

29 comments:

  1. Hm, I might be too old for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thoughts Blodeuedd, it's been a while since I read one of her novels. I'm glad that you liked the narration better in book 2 I find that a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know about this author but I don't remember if I tried one of hers

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds cute. I just downloaded a freebie by this author One Summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ahev to spread the word about that

      Delete
    2. It's called One Summer Night, not One Summer. Sorry about that :)

      Delete
  5. Good to see a narrator develop and make the experience better. Sounds like a nice romance although not sure if I like matching timelines for a series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was weird, especially since I had already guessed that one thing back in book 1

      Delete
  6. I'll have to see if this free n KU audio. It's the kind of book I can listen to while driving.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read one book written by this author. Never got around to reading more of her work. This sounds adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover for this one! I don't think I've read anything by this author, but thanks to Yvonne I now have One Summer Night on my iPad! I'll probably read it soon. It sounds like a great summer read!

    L @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea bok 1 was free so I had to post about it after Yvonne told me :)

      Delete
  9. eh you are right, not the same thing. sounds cute I guess

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is good that you liked the narrator better for this one. I have had that happen before to me. Sounds like a decent story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so weird cos I was not sure I wanted to get this one cos of the narrator but I thought they had changed narrator so I did anyway

      Delete
  11. Yes, need the drama, I guess. I read book one and I do remember a couple moments when I thought something was going on between side characters. This explains it with them all happening at the same time. :)

    Good that the narrator worked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which made me wondering, is the 3rd story taking place now too, cos in this one you get to see that Emma and her man seems to be doing their dance too

      Delete
  12. The summary kind of makes me think both characters need a quick smack on the head to wake them up, but oh well. This does look like the perfect beach book :P

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds cute. I notice that usually I rate a narrator higher each book in a series. I think it's because they settle into a good pattern and I grow used to them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jen: She truly improved, by so much

    ReplyDelete
  15. Narration can make or break a story.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP