Tuesday 12 June 2018

TMST. Midyear update


Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post on Rainy Day Ramblings where Rainy discuss a wide range of topics from books to blogging. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog.

June 12th: Midyear Update: Favorite Reads, Goal Progress etc.

Baby S turned 1 in May! Not a baby anymore, instead she is walking around and loves to rearrange my books. No snow on her bday this year, instead we had the warmest May since they started checking. Only like 2 cold days. June is another thing, cold!

Audio is still the way to go during those long walks. Alas Fitreaders, I forget to check in, but yes I walk  1 hour a day and we have started to go biking. She likes it.

Goal Progress:
I can not say that I had any goal, sure I put up a Goodreads goal, but that is nothing I think about. I did take part in in the audiobook Challenge and put myself down for Marathoner at 50+ and at the moment I am one 1 audibook away from that and since I got 3 hours left of my latest one, well let's just say I will finish this challenge with 6 months to go.

Edit. Done! Challenge completed
2018 Audiobook Challenge

Favorite reads so far:

No surprise there. I finished 4 of them this year and omg, love them. Nothing can compare so far this year.

And then there are lots of other great books I have listened too. Omg I really love audio!

Best print so far this year would go to:

With Jenny Han's To all the boys I have loved before as a close second. Both books I finished in a day.

So far this has obviously been a great year. I have listened to so many good books. A few more books listened to than read.

I have listened to a lot of great YA, which has surprised me, sorry YA, but Ya can be so YA! But instead if I have found that I like YA fic that is real and not just angsty drama. It took audio for me to appreciate those books.

I did feel sad when Netgalley was more or less closed to us international readers so...yeah ebooks, not so many. I will rather read my physical books than go into the jungle that is my e-reader. But it is not like I have missed it anyway.

I hope to read and listen to as many great books this next 6 months :D

Taking care of his sister

26 comments:

  1. I need to check out the dragon books if they're your fav books this year, so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on the audio challenge. I think if that had been an option when my kids were little I would have read a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a kid it is the best thing I could have done. Cos else I would get no reading done

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the update and that book Kin looks really good. Good luck with all your challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe your baby is so big already! I hope it warms up there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good half year! Happy birthday to baby S!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woot on the Audiobook Challenge. We will have an mid-year check in and giveaway in July so be sure and check in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will :D Ha, and I thought 50 would be a lot, well, they have truly taken over my life

      Delete
  7. I know I hated what happened on NG, I still get enough though and am thinking of cutting out anyway for a month or two. Wow great audiobook mileage. Love that Baby S loves going on the bike with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most are gone for me now, ut you got the NZ AU ones right? Alas

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday Baby S! You have some amazing stats for less than half of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it's been one year since baby was born, time flies! And arrgh, I still need to get my hands on Kin but I don't think it's technically published in the US yet. I'll just have to wait.

    ~Mogsy @BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will be pubbed one day then :/

      Delete
  10. Oh, I'll say you're definitely getting into the audio spirit with fifty already finished for the year. Way to go.
    Not surprised over the favs.
    That was sad about the NetGalley change.
    I love your weekly picture of the pair of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I aced it :D

      They will keep on coming

      Delete
  11. I got lazy with my post...didn't share my favorites hehe.

    Happy belated bday Little S!

    ReplyDelete
  12. While I haven't finished as many audiobooks as you have, I'm ahead of where I was last year, and I'm 37 audiobooks to 27 print/ebooks, for the first time way more audiobooks! I'm thinking about really focusing on audiobooks next year more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am at more audio too hehe, obviously :D

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP