Saturday 9 June 2018

JIAM post: Best Audiobooks


Today I thought I would talk about the best audiobooks I have listened too. To be fair, there are not that many and like 90% have been in the last year ;) But then it has been one good year!


If I were to recommend a book I would go with an entire series. I freaking LOVE Heartstrikers by Rachel Aaron. They just got better and better and better and BETTER! You HAVE to listen to them. Trust me I could do this in all caps all day long....ALL DAY LONG! THis series wins best audio, best series, best everything for eternity.


These two are contemporary romance. I loved Runaway Groom by Lauren Layne because it was so funny! I like a book that makes me snort.
Irresistible you by Kate Meader was hot and it made me realise how much more I like certain books in audio.


Asking for it by Louise O'Neill is one difficult book to listen to. It pulls at your heart, at your sanity. It makes you want to rage against the world. To cry and to feel. It is one of those you have to listen to even though it is really hard.


It seems I have a tendency to fall really hard for YA when it comes to audio. How come? I have no idea. They are just funny, cute and a joy to listen too. Maybe the lightness is the answer and when it comes to reading I do not always feel that.

Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett cos that is how a YA contemporary should be like!
Summers at Castle Auburn by Sharon Shinn because even though not a lot happens I just loved the easy light vibe.
The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich cos it sent shivers down my spine.
A corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty cos it was cute.
Enchanted by Alethea Konthis is one that I listened to before I even fell in love with audio so it must have been good ;)


At this precise moment I have not finished When Dimple met Rishi by Sandhya Menon, but it is so funny! It has to be on this list.

Wow, ok that was a lot of YA. What can I say, YA works when it comes to audio. They screamed talk about us when I wrote this post




29 comments:

  1. I haven't listened to any of those. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really not sure about audiobooks. If you had to recommend any of these to me, which one would you choose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, which one would you hate the least....I dare not recommend Heartstrikers cos I love them!
      But maybe you could do The Dead house

      Delete
  3. It's been years since I've listened to an audio book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had some great audio listens and the urban fantasy series sounds really good. I love a good laugh so must look into When Dimple Meets Rishi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny and came across so well in audio

      Delete
  5. Vikas Adam did a great job with Heartstrikers. I find that a good narrator is what makes an audiobook memorable :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have a tiiny *HUGE* voice crush on him

      Delete
  6. I'll have to give the Rachel Aaron series a try. I also loved When Dimple Met Rishi on audio! I read Starry Eyes, but I bet the audio was really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have trouble with audio but I do want to read Starry Eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to start the Aaron series

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, I think you've got me convinced on your dragon series, there. I've been following yours and someone else's reviews on those and have them on the list.

    That's funny about YA. I think the genre I love better on audio is sci-fi for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YA in print...eh, YA in audio, great every time. SO weird

      Delete
  10. I'm not listening to many audios these days. While I was working, I listened in the car. Now that I'm home, I'm reading a ton of ebooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that! Right now audio is easier, but there might come a time when it is not

      Delete
  11. I've heard 'Dimple' is good so I'm glad the audio was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cute, and would make a great movie

      Delete
  12. Thanks for the recommendations, I need to get back into audio books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your choices. Enchanted is the first audio I listened to that started my audio journey. I read Kate's book but bet it rocked on audio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly it might have been mine too :D It slowly got me going

      Oh it was SO good on audio

      Delete
  14. Wow... I haven't listened to ANY of those! Or even heard of many. What is wrong with me? I can't even remember my own name after I wake up in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear you cursed me when you wanted to know names and now all I could think that YA rocked

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP