Monday 4 June 2018

Audio: Licks - Kelly Siskind

36 hours is a short spell when racing the clock.
2,160 minutes is an eternity for old friends to fall in love… 

August Cruz is the only man I’ve ever loved. 
He’s the one who got away. 
He’s the one I totally screwed over. 

Now he’s standing on my doorstep, nine years later, but he’s not the only thing that turns up. My mother’s lost diary is in my hands, and it might lead me to my father. A possibility I wished for one year ago, at my last birthday. 

I have 36 hours to fulfill that wish. 
I have 36 hours to drag August on a wild scavenger hunt. 
I have 36 hours to protect my heart before I lose him again...because there's something he's not telling me. 

Audiobook, 10 h 20 min
Expected publication: June 5th 2018 by Tantor Audio
One Wild Wish #3
Contemporary romance
For review

My thoughts:
I am bad with names, but Samantha's voice made me feel at home at once! When I finished I checked and yes I have listened to a few by her before ;)

These two sure hold grudges and regret, Like foreeeeeever.
August and Gwen were best friends, and both liked the other one more than in just a friendly way, but they never made a move. And then something tore them apart, and then something truly tore them apart. 
I was all, yes I know you are mad, but you have no right to be that mad!
And, omg, I know you have regrets, but it was not your fault! Well, it was your fault, but you should not feel this bad.

And then they meet again. And he helps her find her father. 36 crazy hours of them, yes talking!!! Thank you! They talk things through, what happened when they were young, the big thing that tore them apart. They talk about their feelings and their future. But there is still this big oh no thing! One that can still break them and I worried, even though I knew they would make it.

Cos what is 36 hours when you have always loved each other.

I really liked the concept. Tracking own clues about her mum's past to find her father. Getting to know each other again, having a bit of smex here and there.

And the end, I was all, noooo! The no coming from that I had to take a break just when things got intense. I wanted to know about her mum and dad! I quickly started listening a few hours later so I could get to the end, and that is one good sign that this was one good book.

Conclusion:
Love, lust and a mystery to solve. WHat is there not to love.

 Samantha Cook (Narrator), Aaron Shedlock (Narrator)
I obvi like Samantha (she has done Lauren Layne!). Her voice is awesome and she makes me want to be friends with the main character

Seems i have listened to Aaron before too but did not realise it. Cos this was a whole other genre. And he is perfect for both, he was so intense in a good way. He was August.

30 comments:

  1. Communication is what's missing in real life romances, so I like the idea of this, and it sounds like it would be a really good movie too. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE when there is communication! And a little bit of mystery involved. Sounds good.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering they only hve 36 hours then yes they do talk :D

      Delete
  3. This sounds good. I'll have to add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol seriously if only people in romances communicated, than I guess the story would be different XD but the amount of "miss" communications or lack there off really makes me question the state of today if it's all over romance contemporaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that it brings the drama but I am always all omg people! Talk talk!

      Delete
  5. Glad you enjoyed it. It does sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of like these kinds of romances. I like seeing them finally get their S@#$ together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes they do get their sh#it together :D

      Delete
  7. OMG... I LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH! I was tempted to get the audiobook, but didn't. Now I'm bummed I didn't. This book is my favorite of 2018, I think, so far. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that and that is why I jumped at the audio :D

      Delete
  8. This sounds good and I love that there is a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've done a few where I'm like hmmm she sounds familiar and I always have to check if I've listened to one by them before, most of the time it's a YEPP hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly am the worst with names and then I think and think where I heard the voice before

      Delete
  10. This sounds good and I don't think I have listened to this narrator yet. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this sounds really good. I'm not even into this genre, but I kinda want to check it out to see what the big mystery about her dad is why they only have 36 hours. And yes, when you find a good narrator, you will always remember their voice!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You? I am shocked and pleased to hear that :D

      Delete
  12. Sounds like a perfect audiobook and a good story as well when you couldn't wait to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP