Thursday 3 April 2014

Dance Until Dawn - Berni Stevens

Do you Believe in Love After Life?
At twenty-five, West-End dancer Ellie Wakefield should be having the time of her life. The only problem is, ever since waking up in a leaky cellar belonging to three-hundred-year-old vampire Will Austen, she's been very much dead. And to make matters worse, she's since found that an aversion to blood and a fear of the dark aren't very helpful—especially when you're a fledgling vamp.

William James Austen has fallen hard. He's spent the last year loving Ellie from afar, and now he's finally able to be truthful about who and what he is. As the most powerful and revered vampire in London, he's used to getting what he wants.

But this time, Will might just have bitten off more than he can chew.

My thoughts:
Ellie wakes up in a creepy cellar and there is a creepy guy there, yes that is the beginning ;) Sort of.

What I liked here is that Ellie had a really hard time believing she was a vampire. I mean who would believe some crazy guy who locked you in the cellar?! So that was well done and William did seem crazy. Even though I knew he really was a vampire and that he had saved her life.

But the book was a bit, I do not want to say slow going. It just takes 1/3 of the book for them to move on to other things. First she needs to believe, and not want to run away. So it's just them in that house for the most of it. But then more characters shows up and it even gets a bit suspenseful as...something happens. I will not say anything more. Just that things gets scarier for her.

English vampires are just so more civil, even when they kill someone. 

Conclusion:
A bit of a Gothic beginning turns romantic and suspenseful.

Paperback, 336 pages
Expected publication: Print US April 15th 2014 / Ebook out already by Choc Lit / UK April 7 (ebook out)
Paranormal romantic fiction
For review

Pssst. Stop by tomorrow for a post from the author and a giveaway :)

49 comments:

  1. This sounds pretty good, and I suppose a slow 1st 3rd is okay so long as there's enough thinking and dialogue. I look forward to your post tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of thinking and dialogue, that is why I do not want to say it's slooooow, just...different

      Delete
  2. But what about the cover?!?!?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to say it since the author made it...but the woman looks weird

      Delete
  3. I like Gothic vampires but cover seems to be completely meh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure these would just be wannabees for your taste ;)

      Delete
  4. This sounds great! I'm adding it to the list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds pretty good to me, but then I grew up reading gothic novels and love vampires so.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL sounds good and a little bit funny. How would I react if I woke up and there was a creepy guy telling me I was a vamp and he had me locked up in a cellar...XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes how would you react? I think I would pee myself and then throw something at him

      Delete
  7. This sounds REALLY interesting! I've been looking for a something to read about vampires too so yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't sound like this one's for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "English vampires are just so more civil, even when they kill someone." -- LOL Maybe it's the accent? I've been on a vampire kick this week, the latest book I read are more or less along the same lines as this one (I think), it's more romantic than action fantasy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the accent would do it. They would jut tell me politely they are about to kill me and I would be all ok cheerio

      Delete
  10. I've read too many slow moving novels lately. So much so in fact that I feel a reading slump coming on, and that is NOT good. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. English vampires are just more civil... ha ha.. yeah and they are have sexy accents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm oh those accents, I love a good accent

      Delete
  12. This sounds pretty good. I guess I want to be killed by an English Vamp since I'm sure they would be nicer about killing me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds really good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh it's vampires. I wouldn't have thought that by the title. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like it could be a lot of fun, even if it takes awhile to get going. Love this --> "English vampires are just so more civil, even when they kill someone." :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get why, and liked it. She had to accept her fate

      Delete
  16. 1/3 of the way for it to pick up isn't so bad, at that point if a book picks up it will redeem itself in my eyes.

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
  17. hmm it's intriguing, I'm trying to understand lol. 1/3 can be ok even if it's long. I'm curious and I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how long it took her to get and say..ok let's go with this

      Delete
  18. I like the Gothic aspect, I may give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  19. do like gothic elements in books :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The british vamps and romance sounds great

    ReplyDelete
  21. I admit that I really like it that she does not believe it immediately and accepts everything that is happening to her in one night. Adding it to my wishlist for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure I like the books when they accept at once but I never believe it cos hello, I certainly would not

      Delete
  22. I wouldn't usually be drawn to a book like this, but it actually sounds really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. "English vampires are just so more civil, even when they kill someone."

    Ehehehehehe ;) Will check this one out (even if it is creepy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not creepy, only him at the beginning ;)

      Delete
  24. "English vampires are just so more civil, even when they kill someone." haha don't think this one's for me but I love your comment ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, good that you liked that one at least

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP