Thursday 24 April 2014

The mage in black - Jaye Wells

Sabina Kane doesn't have the best track record when it comes to family. After all, her own grandmother, the leader of the vampire race, just tried to kill her. When she arrives in New York to meet the mage side of her family, the reunion takes the fun out of dysfunctional. 

On top of that, the Hekate Council wants to use her as a pawn in the brewing war against the vampires. Her mission will take her into the bowels of New York's Black Light district, entangles her in mage politics, and challenges her beliefs about the race she was raised to distrust. And Sabina thought vampires were bloodthirsty.

My thoughts:
Ok so you all know about middle book/second book syndrome...well this book was actually better than book 1 *high fives self*.

I hope the rest of the series will be good too cos as it is now it's cool, kick-ass and did I say cool? Oh I did, well it was ;)

Sabina is...arghh ok I will not say the word again. Kick-ass (oh B you are so original). In the last book she left LA, cos that is what you should do when you gran tries to stake you, the evil vampire bitch she is. So Sabina tries her luck with the mage side of the family.

There we meet her twin sister. New people...nuff said. Her pet demon, yay, and of course Adam whom she likes.

There are fights, prophecies, assassins and a cliffhanger ending that makes me want book 3 at once.

Conclusion:
I like it.

Cover
nice

edit: I have to tell you that the book was read and review written late December *insert music of doom* You'll see

Paperback, 326 pages
Published April 1st 2010 by Orbit
Sabina Kane #2
Urban fantasy
Own

41 comments:

  1. I love that this was stronger and better then book one, that speaks volumes! Adding both to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fights and new characters sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked this one better than first book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A second book better than the first? WOO HOO! Those seem to be pretty rare, so yay for this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want ti be happy but...you will see in later reviews

      Delete
  5. This sounds really good, but I'd have to read the first one first. I'll add them to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In December? Bad you :D But this sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gods I know! Took me FOREVER to post this review

      Delete
  7. I have never read Jaye Wells, but I want to read her book Dirty Magic so badly. I think that's the name of the first book of a new series by her.

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have seen that one around but honestly...this series burned me

      Delete
  8. I have not read this series yet, sounds exciting. I like the fact that it's better then book 1!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you liked this one better. I think the books get better. I'm trying to remember if there was one in the middle, 3 or 4, that I thought was a like the first book. But I loved the ending to this series and I think you will too. Keep on going! :)

    Sabina is a character people like or they don't. So glad you are enjoying her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did? *coughs* Will post the last books next weekend...I was not happy

      Delete
    2. Really? Oh boy. Sorry. Now I'm curious to see.

      Delete
    3. Book 3 should be Sunday and then next Sunday 4 and 5 together

      Delete
  10. Oh I really really liked this series, I enjoyed all the books. I'm glad you like them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that's always awesome to find. I'm really liking that cover. Think it's gonna need to come home with me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will more reviews this weekend, stay tuned

      Delete
  12. The best thing about this series is that it keeps getting better with each new installment, so at least you have something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did not really like the first book B, and now you like this one better, but you are also warning us off again? So, should I pick up book 2 or just let it gather some more dust?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will spill the beans, I had plan to review them all this weekend but plans were changed. I still liked book 3, but not as good and then at the end I freaking hated this series and wish I had not bought them all

      Delete
  14. Ooh a book two that is better than book one? Now this I gotta read. Plus kickass is always good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to be all yay read...but I can't, you will see

      Delete
  15. I've never read anything by this author before, but this sounds like something I would definitely enjoy. I'll have to check this one out, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love when a series gets better! So rare!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I liked book 2 better than book 1 too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP