Monday 7 April 2014

The red-hot chili cook-off - Carolyn Brown

In small-town Cadillac, Texas, Carlene Lovelle and her cousins' fancy panty business, Bless My Bloomers, is booming. But irony strikes when Carlene discovers another woman's silk bikini underwear in her husband's briefcase. Lenny Joe hasn't just crossed the line, he's left it in his dust, so Carlene's taking her revenge to the kitchen.

For ten years, Lenny Joe's team has dominated Cadillac's Red-Hot Chili Cook-Off. But with Carlene's Bless My Bloomers team now in the ring, it's anyone's game—and when there's pride and food involved, things are bound to get messy.

My thoughts:
I always do like Brown's books, they are just sweet.

In this one we have Carlene who designs lingerie and has her own store. Her cousins work there too. The wild one, and the religious one (who got on my nerves before she finally finally got that maybe some things are not meant to be.)

Right so all seems good so far, but no, Carlene's husband Lenny is such an ass! And the book begins with her finding underwear that are not hers. I loved what she did next. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

So the book is about her moving on. People telling her what to do, the whole town butting in. The women entering the Chili cook-off and would I steer you guys wrong...yes romance at the end too.

It is book 2 but you can just jump in.

Conclusion:
Fun, sassy, and showing that you should follow your heart...and head.

Paperback, 320 pages
Published April 1st 2014 by Sourcebooks Landmark
Cadillac, Texas #2
Contemporary romance
For review

43 comments:

  1. Her own lingerie designs. Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the first book and cannot wait to go back to Cadillac Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Now, I'm curious what she done about that husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love books like this and it's great that you can just jump in and read. The premise sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about the religious girl she drove me nuts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wanted to smack her. Sure be religious, but do not tell that poor woman that she is in fault and should go back

      Delete
  6. I haven't read anything by Carolyn Brown, this one sounds like a good book to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love books like this. Just a fun, romance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a cute book. I may have to add this one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad these can be read out of order.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This does sound fun and sassy, I've seen it around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not my thing at all, but I like how I come here and see huge variety of genres!

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I do love some genres the most but I would go crazy just reading those, I need a lot to keep me satisfied

      Delete
  12. Fun and sassy sounds right up my alley

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's nice to know we can read it without book 1. It sounds like a great author when you want something light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love her style, these are different than her cowboy books but still :D

      Delete
  14. I've got book 1 on my wishlist ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like such a fun read! And I think I'm really going to like Carlene:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the cover. Sound like a fun read - and I have been trying to read more than just mysteries this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ehehe it really does sound like a fun read, I can't believe I have not read anything by her yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds fun, I need a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sold, I want to read this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a fun title, and I love that it's set in Texas. I grew up in TX and miss it dearly. I'm really curious to see how Carlene makes Lenny pay, I have a feeling I'll be cheering! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good, trust me, cos that SOB needed to pay, he was such an ass

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP