Tuesday 8 April 2014

The Day he Kissed Her - Juliana Stone

Mac Draper finally has everything he’s always wanted: An amazing career. A New York City apartment. He’s this close to being free of his past forever. But a mind-blowing encounter with the sexy yet tough-as-nails Lily St. Clare has him delaying his plans to put Crystal Lake in his rearview mirror for good.

For Lily St. Clare the charming small town of Crystal Lake is her haven – a place she can hide from her famous, back-stabbing family. It’s as close to happy as she’s ever been. Until an unforgettable night with tall, dark and tortured Mac Draper gives her a glimpse of what true happiness feels like.

Lily can’t help but melt a little under the sizzling heat of Mac’s touch. But Mac’s scars run deep, and Lily’s afraid she may be falling for the one man who can never return her feelings...

My thoughts:
Mac and Lily gets their story here, and the last one of the Bad Boys are caught. But it works well as a stand alone.

Mac has demons a plenty. He grew up in a abusive household and thinks he will end up like his dad. I felt for him cos he so believed he would turn out bad, poor guy.

Lily grew up rich in a well known family. Her sister screwed her over, her brother died. And she is just trying to be herself and get her own life.

So two people with issues who think they can just start a fling and walk away. But you can't walk away when you start falling in love. So that the "drama" part.

Mac did say something effed up that made me mad. But I forgave him cos those demons in his head messed with him. Still not cool man.

Conclusion:
A romance that builds and a passion that stays.

Cover
Eh

Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published April 1st 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca 
Bad Boys of Crystal Lake #3
Contemporary romance
For review

42 comments:

  1. The cover is weird....
    But sounds pretty good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I always love reading your reviews Linda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love female characters that is tough-as-nails :) I don't remember the last time I read a romance now, I think the last one might have been the first book in Nalini Singh's Psy Changeling series, and that it as least a couple of years ago. Might be time for a good story with some passion in it soon.

    Is this the third novel in a series or is this the last book of three in total?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? Oh that was a LONG time ago =0_0 You are due for some romance.

      Yes it's the third book in this series, I guess there are three in total

      Delete
  4. This is on my TBR for next week. I'm nervous because Mac's the last Bad Boy, I hope the series won't end yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first time i hear of the book and the author.
    But this is interesting, indeed
    GREAT review
    Your reader
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I want to know what he said lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds good, although the cover isn't all that great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh she's one I've been wanting to try! I love her other covers but yeah there's something off with this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very strange. Anyway yes yes you should try her

      Delete
  9. I like a damaged man who is really a good guy but just needs a strong woman to guide him...yep. I need to check out book one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well at least it isn't insta love or triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Romance and passion sounds great in this one

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I'm so curious what Mac says that pissed you off! :-) Glad you forgave him. This sounds like one I would like, thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not good *kicks him in the balls and then forgives him*

      Delete
  13. I need to read more romance. I'm so picky about them these days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh it's rare to have a relationship progressing during the story. I'm just so tired of insta-love. I really need to start this author!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I find it interesting that the font on the cover made me think that it was a historical romance :0 Only when I read the synopsis I realized it's not! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a good one! I added it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like good romance, I do wonder what Mac said that made you so mad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been loving the books in this series & I am looking forward to reading this one. They all have to say something screwed up, don't they? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. now I am curious what was it he said that made you mad.

    ReplyDelete
  20. men can be dumb lol but they both sound a bit dysfunctional. But romance & passion is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice review B, I think I do want to read this series after all.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP