Sunday 6 April 2014

Novellas: Capturing the Silken Thief, Single Wolf Female

**Jeannie Lin's novella introducing the pleasure quarter known as the North Hamlet, the setting of The Lotus Palace***

Tang Dynasty China, 823 A.D.
Musician Jia needs a valuable book of poems by a famous courtesan to buy her freedom...and she believes Luo Cheng has taken it. Her attempt to steal the book from him fails, but the tall and powerful scholar unexpectedly offers to help her quest! But when they finally find the book--and the arousing poems and artwork inside--Jia's longing for freedom is replaced with a new kind of desire for Cheng....

My thoughts:
It was good, but not as good as the book I read by her. That one was really good. I think the problem for me is that China is so fascinating, cos how any romances do I read set in China...that would be none at all. So I want to experience all of that. And with a longer running romance so it does not become all too sudden.

Still it was good cos it was still China during the 800s. Strange and new, I loved it.

She needs a book, he needs to study. They fall in lust. The end. Now I want to read those full lenght books.

Kindle Edition, 75 pages
Published March 1st 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)
Historical romance
Freebie

Alice Savage needs an alpha – any alpha – to prevent her pack from being usurped by the lecherous Roscoe. As a last resort, she signs up for the Midnight Liaisons dating service, never expecting that she’d find the alpha she seeks. She certainly didn’t expect Jackson Wilder, a laid back, sexy-as-sin outsider who claims to be an alpha.

But Alice has a problem that most female wolf alphas don’t — she’s a virgin. And the female alpha of a wolf pack always belongs to a male alpha. Luckily for her, Jackson’s utterly gorgeous and willing to take things slow. But is he alpha enough to help her save her pack…or is he too easy-going to be the man she needs?

My thoughts:
This is a novella from the Midnight Liaisons series. Alice needs an alpha. She is a strong alpha herself but wolves needs two alphas and an idiot asshat is trying to get in on the action. So what else to do than to try a dating agency and find a cooler alpha.

In comes Jackson, sexy sweet Jackson. And tension grows as Alice both want him and wants to take it easy as she is a virgin.

It was a nice novella that never felt too short. I do like this series.

ebook, 125 pages
Published August 6th 2013 by Jill Myles (first published August 5th 2013)
Midnight Liaisons #2.6
Paranormal romance
Own

And a graphic novel :)

Everyone's favorite cute little dead girl is showcased in all her morbid glory in this new collection of the timeless comic strip from Roman Dirge. 

Return once against to the dark, surreal world of Lenore, the girl with a knack for unintentional mayhem and occasional wanton destruction in this fifth volume. Contains Lenore (Vol. 2) #4-7.

My thoughts
I looooove Lenore. I love the style, you must try these!

Hardcover, 120 pages
Published August 27th 2013 by Titan Books (first published August 6th 2013)
Graphic Novel
Library




36 comments:

  1. oh that's cute a graphic novel! Not sure about the novellas, I tend to not read the novellas from the authors I don't really already follow because something is always missing at the end for me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that, luckily I am reading the Sims books and I did read one Lin one

      Delete
  2. Capturing The Silken Thief is to my liking. I love historical Chinese movies so I'm sure I'll like the novella as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sims book looks yummy and yes The Silken Thief has me most curious just because of the setting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do read Lin, she is so good and yes Sims's books are fun :D

      Delete
  4. oh a romance set in china? thats pretty cool and Lenore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm yeah I've not read one set in China either! I've read one where the heroine was fleeing China but she was only there about 2 pages before she left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well here there are in China and not going anywhere :=D

      Delete
  6. The Jeannie Lin novella sounds as does the graphic novel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These books sound good. I've been enjoying novellas lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Decent haul for novellas, they are def popular these days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been trying out my new reader with them :)

      Delete
  9. Not the greatest covers on the novellas, either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard great stuff about Lenore!

    And reminds me, I must do a weekend of novellas and short stories reading one of these days!

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she is the coolest! And creepy and cute, lol

      Delete
  11. I adore Jeannie Lin...I must continue with her novels. :) I also must read these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Lenore cover is too cute!

    I'm surprised you read novellas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know, I usually do not like them but it was good to try my e-reader with them

      Delete
  13. Oh! The last one looks really fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Lin novella sounds steamy. China is not a setting I read very often, so I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And when I read of China it has been (not a lot mind you) like some white girl in China and then she goes away

      Delete
  15. I absolutely ADORE Lenore! I have all of the graphic novels I believe Have you read Johnny the Homicidal Maniac? If you haven't you must you must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read that one but must check it out! :D

      Delete
  16. Ok I'm a romance girl through and through and the first two novellas look great, but my fave here has to be Lenore! She looks awesome!! Kinda gives me a Tim Burton or Edward Gorey vibe. Fingers crossed that my library has this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must try her i LOVE her :D She creepy and cool

      Delete
  17. Capturing the Silken Thieves sounds nice. I have never ready anything else by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is good, you really should try her books

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP