Wednesday 15 August 2018

Audio: An affair with a spare - Shana Galen


Audio CD, 10 h Narrator: Victoria Aston
Published August 7th 2018 by Tantor Audio (first published July 3rd 2018)
The Survivors #3
Historical romance
For review

My thoughts:
Rafe is and both is not a total playboy. I men yes he loves women, but women really love him. And he can not say no! So it has come to that point where he is all, omg can't they just find someone else to hunt! Seriously man, learn to say no! ;) But he is also the kind of hero you just have to love, he really is the most charming man in London.

While Colette took some getting used to, because she is a spy for the French. It is a bit hard to like her then. But she is a  really good person. She loves her dad and would do anything for him. She is also a really crappy spy. Not to mention she is shy. It was all very amusing.

And it was interesting to see how the well known bachelor would fall and fight against it. Not to mention how they would deal with this whole mess! She is still a spy. Her dad is still an assassin. But, without saying too much, I enjoyed how it was dealt with.

It was also great seeing the men from book 1 and 2. I really like this group of survivors. And I can not wait to get their books (omg the blurb for the next one is not up and I am all eeeeek!).

Conclusion:
A fun book with some suspense, passion and friendship.

Cover
Is that like the Thames? Not really fitting, even if pretty

Narration
I enjoy Victoria Aston's voice and she fits historical romance so well! All her voices work,

Blurb:
Rafe Beaumont, fifth son of an earl, uses his irresistible charm with the ladies to glean dangerous war secrets. Now he's putting those skills to the ultimate test: capturing an elusive assassin by seducing his daughter. The problem? She's entirely immune to Rafe's flattery. Never before has Collette Fortier met a man as attractive as Rafe. But her father's life is at stake, and succumbing to Rafe would be disastrous. But when Rafe turns the tables on her, offering support and friendship instead of a fleeting affair, Collette finds herself tempted in ways she never could have imagined . . . 


21 comments:

  1. its been a while since I read a good historical romance, thanks Blodeuedd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that the title has me scratching my head some(lol), but the story sounds pretty interesting. Glad you enjoyed it! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've read one with the girl being a spy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He can't say no. lol he sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your comments on the covers always make me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing better than an historical romance than one that works for you. LOL about river cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only times she was near the river was no fun times

      Delete
  7. I need to try more of her books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the first book in this series and really enjoyed it. It sounds like I need to get caught up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huh... since you pointed it out, I wonder where that is in London. haha. I love the name of this one. Sounds like a fun historical series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do stop by this Inn, but yes that is not it ;) That inn was not fancy and nice

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP