Saturday 1 February 2020

Best of January






Happy Feb! 2020 is fastly underway!

Here are our favorites for last month. 


Best Movie of the Month:

My pick...........Ashes in the Snow (2018)

"I have never cried this much in my life. WATCH IT"



Carole: Ugh nothing this month. I didn't really watch any movies. I've been glued to my shows!

Best TV show of the Month:

Carole's pick............The Mandalorian (season 1)


"Such a good show. Love it so much. More please!"

The Mandalorian Poster

My pick...............BoJack Horseman

"Weird ass show"




Best Book of the Month:
MY Pick..................Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames

"A fantasy tribute to metal music."


Carole's pick............Lake Silence by Anne Bishop

"Nervous at first, but I was pleasantly surprised! Sooooo good!"

Lake Silence (The World of the Others, #1; The Others, #6)


Best Cover of the Month:











26 comments:

  1. I NEED to see Ashes in the Snow for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mandalorian was so good! And Anne Bishop is always good. Need to get back to reading this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I do not want to cry through a movie but great to hear it was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're both on a roll with your book picks! And I love the Mandalorian, I think it really goes to show that Star Wars fans are all Skywalker Saga'ed out at this point, ready for something different.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not Skywalkered out ;) But now they are all extinct sobs

      Delete
  5. I need to see The Mandalorian... and Lake Silence looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Hmm, wh did I not pick Silence? I feel like I did not see it on GR

      Delete
  7. great recap you have for January!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband is loving Mandalorian but I haven't been able to watch it yet. I need to catch up! Great list here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have the channel the Mandalorian is on otherwise I would watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like you had some fun in January. I'm hoping Feb is better for me I'm finally feeling good, sometimes I get real tired but still feel good. Here's to Feb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mandalorian keeps catching my eye. And, I do love that orc cover you picked. Great picks for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to watch Ashes in the Snow but I want to read the book first. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to agree with Madalorian and Lake Silence. Great selections!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lake SIlence! I should have picked it, but I looked at the wrong Godreads group

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP