Wednesday 5 February 2020

The Unbound Empire by Melissa Caruso

Paperback, 505 pages
Published April 25th 2019 by Orbit
Series: Swords and Fire #3
Fantasy Own

Book 2 was great, and sure this book was good, but as a conclusion to the trilogy I wanted more.

I still do not like Zaire, she is too much in your face.
I do like Amalia, she will become a great politician.
I still do not think she and Marcello belongs together, they have zero chemistry
I do still love Kathe, he is awesome, they should totally be together, even if they can not live together.

Gotta find an evil guy and get rid of him.

Hmm, not enough of what made book 2 great.

Still, good, but not really the ending I wanted. I wanted more.

While winter snows keep the Witch Lord Ruven's invading armies at bay, Lady Amalia Cornaro and the fire warlock Zaira attempt to change the fate of mages in the Raverran Empire forever, earning the enmity of those in power who will do anything to keep all magic under tight imperial control. But in the season of the Serene City's great masquerade, Ruven executes a devastating surprise strike at the heart of the Empire - and at everything Amalia holds most dear.

To stand a chance of defeating Ruven, Amalia and Zaira must face their worst nightmares, expose their deepest secrets, and unleash Zaira's most devastating fire

18 comments:

  1. A bit too bad for the ending

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard when you don't get the ending you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I hate when they don't have chemistry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh, hate it when the ending lets you down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate it when a series finale falls a little flat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe she had meant to write 4 and had to hurry up

      Delete
  6. Dang it's been a while since I read this, I'm trying to remember what happened. I do remember thinking Amalia and Marcello were not as good in this one though, I liked their relationship in the first one better.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all about the crow, gimme more of that

      Delete
  7. Pity it didn't quite deliver for you. You need to rewrite it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how frustrating, for it to be over and you wanted more from it. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, I mean it was good, just...JUST

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP