Monday, 5 October 2026

Carole´s Monday: The Tuesday night club

 


Author: 
Agatha Christie
Narrator: 
Mark Bowen
Title: The Tuesday Night Club
Series: Miss Marple #SS 1
Genre: Mystery, Short Story, Classic
Format: Audiobook
Published: 1927
Where I Got It: Borrowed from library


Summary: 
A weekly gathering of murder mystery fans. Each week one of them challenges the rest of the group with a new mystery. Who can rise to the challenge?

And now for the first difficult case that comes to the Tuesday Night Club. The story begins with a dinner. After a supper of canned lobster and a dessert of trifle, three people became ill and one of them, Mrs. Jones, died. A bout of botulism was suspected but could it have been more than that?

Sir Henry Clithering, the former head of Scotland Yard, recounts it all to the club assembled at Miss Marple's house in St. Mary Mead. The group are keen to delve deeper as he asks whether any of them can resolve it. In the corner sat Miss Marple, knitting and listening.


Review:
I'm a terrible AC fan......I've never read any of the Miss Marple (that I can remember). EEE. Oops. 

Each week, this group of murder-mystery fans takes on a new mystery. The first difficult case lands on their lap....after supper, three people became ill, and one of them died. Who? How? Why? Everyone has their opinions, but who is right?

We all know the answer....Miss Marple will be the one to solve it. LOL, but I loved the format of this lil short story. She was fun! I want more time with her to really fall for her as I have with Hercule. BUT it was a nice intro to this unlikely hero. 

The mystery was nice and so complicated that it had such a simple solution. 

The narrator did well. I would listen to more if he did the voices for more.

Overall, quick, nice, and an interesting mystery. I want more. 

4 stars. 





Reading Challenges
- Audiobook #41
- Library Love #25


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am young Finnish woman lost in a world of books.

Publishers/authors:I am open for reviewing books so please contact me if you want your book reviewed.

Look at my review policy for more info
I review from most genres on this blog, and those genres are: fantasy, urban fantasy, YA, historical/+romance, contemporary romance and literary fiction, horror, thrillers. + some other genres read by my guest reviewers.

Disclaimer: Books reviewed on this site are my own, if not stated otherwise. Then they were sent for free by the author, publicist or a publisher. I do not get any compensation for my reviews. I do this all for fun.google-site-verification: googlec45f9c3acb51f8cd.html
Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP