Friday 25 September 2009

2 in 1 review: Dead to the world and Dead as a doornail


Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
It continues the story of psychic waitress Sookie Stackhouse, who has fallen out with her undead lover, Bill. Bill has no sooner departed for Peru, than Sookie finds the head vampire, Eric, running naked and terrified through the rural night. She helps Eric, and discovers his memory has been destroyed by a coven of unscrupulous, astonishingly powerful witches, newly arrived in her small Louisiana town, and offering a huge reward for Eric. Sookie tries to hide Eric, but her brother sees him--and immediately disappears. And Sookie finds herself caught in a war among witches, vampires, and werewolves.
(GoodReads)



Dead as a Doornail
When Sookie's brother Jason's eyes start to change, she knows he's about to turn into a were-panther for the first time. But her concern becomes cold fear when a sniper sets his deadly sights on the local changeling population-and Jason's new panther brethren suspect he may be the shooter. Now, Sookie has until the next full moon to find out who's behind the attacks, unless the killer decides to find her first.






Another 2 in 1 review cos honestly not much to say, and many have already read them too. In Dead to the world Sookie meets Eric and he has amnesia. He needs to be protected and she takes him in. Oh no wonder this was my fav story so far and I am sure the rest can't take on this one. I liked it, oh yes.

In Dead as a Doornail Jason is in trouble and someone goes around shooting people. She must find out who that is, we also get more were and shifter action, and meet Quinn.

The books are like the rest, a mystery, she gets beaten up (or at least watches someone get beaten up). Some kissing, and meets a new fellow.

Eric, sighs, but sweet Eric was nice, now he is an ass again. Alcide is cool but they wont be together, I am still betting that she in the end will end up with Sam and I don't like that. I don't know why, but Sam, there is just something I don't like which is weird when he is such a nice guy,

Never liked Jason either but he showed a nice side and he is all right. Bill, I can't forgive him after book 3. And it annoys me a bit how she is thinking about it.

The books are ok, romance, mystery and a great deal of action. for some reason I never have much to say though.



26 comments:

  1. I love this series! I like how Ms. Harris works more than one mystery into each book. And yes, The Shower Scene made me so happy for Sookie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read several of these, but then just got bored with the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Dead to the World might actually be my favorite of the series!!! ;)



    I didn't like much Alcide, Bill is crossed from my heart forEVER... :/ Ican't get myself to read the last book of the series, i've heard so much disappointment that i can't find the courage to read it. Maybe i'll wait until next book is out ;)

    I like this series , i don't want it to get all trash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sounds so good. Can't wait to get into the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Book 4 was totally my favorite with Eric and his amnesia he was so hot :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL B:

    I love your reviews because you always call it like you see it. Sounds like more of the same eh??

    I hope you are having a fun weekend B!

    L

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I'm confused but as mentioned before I'm a total Charlaine Harris ignorer. And I'm not really enticed to change it. Sounds exactly like the mess the first book was. Not liking the heroine just ruins a book for me. Have a nice weekend hon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patti,
    That shower scene is famous, you just gotta say it and people know. I was so happy for her and now, I just don't know.
    The mysteries are nice, brings something extra.

    Carol,
    I get why one could, I have have just been reading them like crazy now so no time to breath or think.

    Patte,
    For some reason Alcide looses his appeal the more I read, oh and I hate Bill even more now.
    Only one book left, scary...I hope I will like it and that there is no big cliffhanger.

    Linda,
    One left for me, and then the new book whenever that one comes out :)

    DesertRose,
    I know, mmm book 4, ahh amnesia Eric was such a sweetie!

    Hi Lea,
    Lol, I do tend to do it like that. And yeah more of the same.
    I hope you're having a great weekend too before the vacation!

    Susi,
    I gave in when I found them at the library and they are ok, I do get why some love them though. She is ok, and I like her much more than in the tvseries

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a big Sookie fan, although I should say I'm an even bigger Eric fan which is why Dead to the World is my fav of the series. Don't worry, things get better with him down the line but I don't like it either when she still has those pangs for Bill. I mean the choice is obvious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to try the series, they really sound like fun. And I like the covers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alyssa,
    Dead to the world is sure a fav for Eric fans. I sure hope so, I want more Eric, but I also would love nice Eric back

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nina,
    Really, oh I can't stand the cover for some reason :)
    But it's a fun series

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always enjoyed this series because they've always been simple, fun reads. Sometimes that's just what you need when reading. Dead to the World is one of my favorites out of the series. Yes, I'm Team Eric. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Donna,
    Lol, go Team Eric! ;)
    True, fun, simple and easy reads. I do like that about them cos it's so needed now and then

    ReplyDelete
  15. I find people either love or hate these books...

    Thanks for your tohughts..

    The covers turn me off them - just dont like them..

    E.H>

    ReplyDelete
  16. hmmm, maybe i should read some of this charlaine harris series -



    oh and blod...I've put one of your favourite books on my 100 TBR list challenge - the magicians by raymond feist, i think his name is. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Team Eric... Swoon... **still drooling** He is freaking hot and I love him even more in the books because I have to use my imagination! Very sexy!
    Have a great weekend blodeuedd!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to get a move on with #2!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. EH,
    I know, the covers are just plain ugly. I have seen those weird ones with a face too and i don't like them either.

    Aimee,
    Yay! Oh I love Feist, he was my first love, that is the first real long book I read on English (perhaps the first book i actually did read in English too).

    Cecile,
    I love the books cos of that cos then i can think of something, and that it was I love ;)

    Staci,
    You go girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have an award for you here
    http://metroreader.blogspot.com/2009/09/awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love for Eric to in some kind of magic way turn human and he and Sookie can live happily ever after LOL

    I don't want her to end up with Sam either.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ladybug,
    That would be wonderful! Aww Eric and Sookie getting kids, and living happily ever after. But I doubt she will give us that...no she must!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Perhaps we ought to write to Charlaine Harris and suggest it to her? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ladybug
    Lol, great idea! Let's do it, she must change our beloved Eric

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds like a ho-hum series for you.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP