Tuesday 22 September 2009

Review: The Accidental Demon Slayer - Angie Fox


The Accidental Demon Slayer by Angie Fox

Genre: Paranormal romance
Pages: 292
Published: 2008

It’s never a good day when an ancient demon shows up on your toilet bowl…

For Lizzie Brown, that’s just the beginning. Soon her hyperactive terrier starts talking, and her long-lost biker witch Grandma is hurling Smuckers jars filled with magic. Just when she thinks she’s seen it all, Lizzie learns she’s a demon slayer – and all hell is after her.

Of course, that’s not the only thing after her. Dimitri Kallinikos, a devastatingly handsome shape-shifting griffin needs Lizzie to slay a demon of his own. But how do you talk a girl you’ve never met into going straight to the underworld? Lie. And if that doesn’t work, how dangerous could a little seduction be…?


Let me just first say that I love the dog Pirate, he is the bes part, funny, and always talking. And just look at the cutie there on the cover, I am not a dog person but I am a pirate gal.

Lizzie lives a normal live, she has a job, a home, friends, no man though, but as the is about to turn 30 she is ok with it all. Then she is contacted by her grandmother who she has never met, and suddenly there is a demon in her toilet and they are on the run. She is told she is a demon slayer and now they are out to kill her. What is a girl to do, run and fast. Her biker grandma, pirate and Lizzy heads down the road, where they soon will meet hunky Dimitri.

Lizzie is nice, and I like her. She is taking this demon slaying business as anyone would, not good, and that is understandable. Her grandma is crazy, who could not like an old biker chick who wears the clothes and listen to the music. The talking dog, well I do love him. Then there is Dimitri, a griffin, and a good looking man. All alpha, rough and I would sure fall into his arms. There is an attraction between Lizzy and him at once, and I sure like it.

I like the gang of biker witches, different and they fit the story. Then there are the werewolves, and gotta love those too. I am sure more paranormal beings will show up the next time. In this we see imps, water nymphs and of course demons. Nasty demons from hell and they should stay there.

Much action there is not, she is still learning and mostly trying to keep her head down. But there are some fighting. There is also hot romance, I promise you that. There are some laughs and funny situations promised. All in all a good book with a mix of everything, it will be fun to see what will happen in book 2. Lizzy and pirate is a good team, and I do wanna see more of Dimitri.

I would have liked to get more laughs since that would have fitted the book, but then again that is just me. It had the rest covered up.



17 comments:

  1. This isn't something I'd normally read, but it does sound fun.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the cover. The first line did make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds cute, will add to my TBB!! Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna,
    I like funny paranormal romance, it has a certain kick to it :)

    Vivienne,
    I do too, great cover, and fitting of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Patti,
    yes a cute series, everyone will love the dog I hope

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started this one a while ago and just read a few pages and out it away again. Perhaps I should give it another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed this one. I love Pirate too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like funny paranormal romance, maybe i should give this one a try =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad to read a review of this..It has been on my radar. I definitely want to pick it up. It sounds cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Blodeuedd! Nice review honey! I have both of these and have not yet read them yet!
    But I am lovin up the dog too!! LOL!!
    I hope you had a great night and have a wonderful day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oo, I have this one on my TBR shelves!! *claps hands* I plan to read it soon...Love the covers on this series also. I'm partial to doggies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susi,
    Oh really, well perhaps it ws the perfect setting for me, too long bustrip. Who knows perhaps you will like it better the 2nd time

    Staci,
    Pirate is the cutest! I love him to pieces, lol

    Patte
    My first..well in a way, and I do enjoy it

    Mandi,
    Hopefully I can get to book 2 soon enough too to see waht that one is like

    Cecile,
    Thanks :D
    Yup good time here, I hope all is well there too.

    Donna,
    I am a total catperson but sometimes you just gotta love a funny dog

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like such a fun book B!

    I've read many reviews of it but just haven't had time to read it yet.

    The pooche sounds so cute.

    I hope all is well with you..

    Best
    L

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sure you as a doglover would love that dog :) He was such a hoot.
    All well here, started yoga, and today it made me so sleepy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Iiik will I have to look out for demons the next time I visit the toilet? LOL

    I've had my eye on this book for awhile and from your review I think I'll like it. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I missed this review! I really love this cover and I think it sounds great, too! I'll be looking for this one for sure. Loved the review!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ladybug,
    Always look an extra time before you sit down ;)
    Lol, yeah it was a fun one, I liked that

    Krista,
    I know, ever since I saw the cover I wanted to read it cos it looked so fun :D

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP