Tuesday 6 September 2011

Review: Never Been Bit - Lydia Dare

Series: Regency Vampyre trilogy #3
Genre: Historical paranormal romance
Pages: 384
Published: September 1, 2011
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source: For review

This is the third in a trilogy of vampire Regency romances, where the glittering world of English high society is a playground for the rich, titled, and undead. Vampire Alec McQuarrie's heart was broken long before it stopped beating. Now Alec's after-life is an endless search for pleasure. Young witch Sorcha Ferguson has come to London in search of a man, beast–or even a blood sucker–of her very own...

My thoughts:
This is the last book about the witches since they have all found love now. I always liked Sorcha, from the start when I met her in the Lycan series to this series. She always wanted what her friends got, a lycan of her own. And that is what she sets her sights on in this book, the Hadley brothers to be precise. 

Sorcha is always so kind and sweet, and funny too. She has matured a lot during these books, but she still has that stubborn streak that makes her who she is. And when she wants a lycan she wants a lycan. Because of who she is she might just be my favourite witch of them all. Alec then, well when I first met him he was running after Cait and was quite the fool. Then he became a vampyre and got all broody and sexy. He still thinks he will never find love again, but he still wants to protect Sorcha from the dogs. And these two together, well I am happy to see Alec find love and for Sorcha to finally fall in love. They do make a good couple.

When this series is finished I am happy that I know that there will be more. Another lycan trilogy with the bad boys of the ton. I can't wait. I do like Lydia Dare's books, they are fun, they are sweet and I like that there is more to come.

Even if you have not read this series you can still jump right in. Or start at the beginning of this series, or just go back and start with the Lycan one. If you want to read a cute paranormal historical then this might just do the trick. And if you have read the other books then you will surely like this one too.

Conclusion:
A sweet ending to this vampire series. Just what I wanted.

Rating:
Nice :)

Cover:
Cute



20 comments:

  1. I really need to give this series a try. I sounds like a perfect light read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Historical paranormal romance is a genre Im sure I'd enjoy. Glad you enjoyed this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been bit but if I ever feel suicidal I will try this one - it might help me to decide. ;p
    Ok, I know, I am being grumpy. Gonna eat some chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of this one. Vampires and withches getting together all in a regency setting is pretty much a must read for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol
    It sure is :D Light and sweet and just like it should be


    naida
    I think you would


    Ana
    oh you ;) I do think this is so not for you. The fluffiness might kill your dark soul. Lol, here have some chocolate


    jenny
    My fav era, and I do like the paranormal so it is a win win

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need to read this series! Paranormal + Historical + Romance = WIN. Nice to know I can jump right into the middle too and not be lost:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! I honestly can't wait to get to this one....I loved the other two!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo I love books with witches. How come I never found this series before? mmm on the wishlist they go ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I'm glad you got the ending you wanted for the series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like there is a touch of a HEA here. ;) And a great series to enjoy. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What? Who would want a Lycan over a vampire? LOL

    I need to check out this series. I love my vamps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has everything that's been missing from the stale old Regency genre - witches, vampires, and lycans!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looked like London on the bottom half of the cover...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've got to give this series a try. I loved the witches in the other series by her..the only thing stopping me is the accents in the book. The author tends to over do them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i can't wait to read this, i have it waiting on my shelf. I am excited for their story, i liked their characters in the previous books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I really should start with the lycan one. I usually like those more than the vamp stories. I do like a good vamp story tho. I have read a few of her books but no paranormals (strange) I need to fix that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jenny
    I know, so many good genres in one, total win

    Staci
    I hope you will like this one then too :D


    Aurian
    Never? Oh then you got stuff to catch up on ;)


    Chris
    I am happy on all accounts



    Melissa
    There sure is, a girl needs her HEAs


    Alexis
    And then ton does not know it ;) Gotta love that


    Missie
    Lol, well I would :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Steph
    Oh yes, lycans gone wild, vampires sucking blood, the ton is not the same


    Cherry
    Might just be. Though in this one they did not go to London


    Bucky
    That did bug me too, but for some reason not here, so I guess there was less of it


    Carrie
    Yay, I hope you will enjoy it too


    Melissa
    Then you really must start at the begininng and meet the Lycans

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great review! I have book one on my TBR list, I hope I can pick it up sooner than later. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP