Wednesday 3 October 2012

Review: The Trouble with Highlanders - Mary Wine


After a night of intense passion, beautiful heiress Daphne MacLeod left Norris Sutherland without so much as a backward glance. Norris, the son of a very powerful Earl, is used to getting what he wants — and right now, he wants Daphne back in his bed.

When Daphne is kidnapped by a rival clan leader who is intent on forcing her into marriage so that he can control her lands, Norris has a choice to make. Will he let go of the one woman he's ever desired for more than one night, or will he resolve himself to rescuing the woman who has captured his heart?

My thoughts:
The blurb is a bit misleading. This is what happens. 3 months ago Daphne had sex with the Earl of Sutherland so she did not have to marry her best friend who was in love with another woman. She is now ruined gods and tries to get her clan back on its feet. They are poor and without a clear leader. And Norris does think about her, as a certain part of him remembers her well. And that is where this story begins.

Daphne is believed to be an heiress, which is silly since she knows she is dirt poor. She wants to feel free, she says what she feels and she is a strong woman, something that is not always good back then.

Norris, the strong hero, the leader for his clan (and all that) is, well truth be told he kind of thinks with his favorite body part when it comes to the heroine.

I liked the book because it had the usual drama. A couple that can't be but is on each other like rabbits anyway. A bitchy person that shows up (I shall say no more). And getting what you want, or do not know you want.

But I did feel that Norris should have done more at times. There were some things and if I had been Daphne then I would just have told him to bugger off, but just like him she thought with her new favorite body part.

Yes there is passion in this book if you have not noticed ;)

Conclusion:
Sexy highlander seeks woman that does not back down.

Cover:
Eh, that sword is killing him

Series: Highlander #5
Genre: Historical romance
Pages: 320
Published: october 20012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source: For review

28 comments:

  1. Bahahaha that cover is funny. It looks like he stabbing himself

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your review and yes, he looks like he's stabbed his side on that sword.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you about the sword in the cover. If that sword is as sharp as it is suppose to be, then that hero is a dead man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor guy, he is torn apart by love and stabbed himself...but then it is told that he got a wound in a battle. But that sword, it's in him, he is dead

      Delete
  4. Oh a Highlander books! Yeah I think I only need to have something like that lol. One day I'll try more books like that, I think I only read three of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! ..."he kind of thinks with his favorite body part when it comes to the heroine." and "...just like him she thought with her new favorite body part." I have a feeling I won't like the book as much as I liked your review.

    I also loved your cover critique. You kill me! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I am glad you enjoyed it ;D
      Let them think with their body parts, at least they had fun

      Delete
  6. This sounds good, and you know I love a highlander!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finished this one last week and enjoyed it. Do not like the cover, not at all how I picture Norris.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't all those highlander's think with only that body part? lol

    Sounds cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOl. They might just do, I mean kilt and all

      Delete
  9. Wait, is this a Misadventure?! Where's Mayhem to nag you?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol. Thinking with favorite body parts...sounds thoughtful. ;P Sounds steamy there. lol. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye, plenty of steamy things going on with these two

      Delete
  11. Your reviews always make me laugh...on each other like rabbits a bitchy person shows up....the sword is killing him...Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read once a Mary Wine book. No more, troubles or no troubles, especially when the characters use the wrong body parts to do their thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  14. uh oh, i already don't like that certain person who shows up lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could be that woman!! Love that cover!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP