Thursday 26 June 2014

India Black and the Shadows of Anarchy - Carol K. Carr

In Victorian London, India Black has all the attributes a high-class madam needs to run a successful brothel—wit, beauty, and an ability to lie with a smile. Luckily for Her Majesty’s Government, all these talents also make her a first-rate spy.

India Black, full-time madam and occasional secret agent, is feeling restless, when one of Disraeli’s men calls on her to meet the prime minister—alone. Even though all her previous meetings have been organized by the rakishly handsome spy French, it’s been decided this is a mission India must attempt on her own.

Revolt has spread across Europe and reached the shores of England—anarchists have begun assassinating lords and earls, one by one. Now India must infiltrate the ranks of the underground group responsible for those attacks, the sinister Dark Legion. To stop their dread plot, India will go from the murkiest slums of London to the highest levels of society, uncovering secrets that threaten her very existence…

My thoughts:
First, the end, the end. It had me shaking my fist at the ceiling. It was not an omg cliffie!! Instead it was the opening of a revelation I had long wanted, but sadly will not know now. I need book 4 so I get to find out about this revelation.

India Black, Madam to a bunch of tarts is in the heat of things again. She is called to duty and will have to infiltrate an anarchist cell. Dangerous business and she must do it without French ( I still need his secrets too btw!). People and buildings are getting blown up, but India had a good head on her shoulders and goes nowhere without her trusting gun.

We have a bunch of anarchist crying out for liberty, freedom and wanting to kill people. India trying to stay alive. A new trollop to school in (I am afraid amazon wont like the other word.) Where is French? Who is French? And the whole enigma of what was shouted out in the last book, who was India's mother really?

Conclusion:
The end comes and makes me crave more. It's a good spy book with enough suspense to keep me hooked.

Cover
Ok

Paperback, 336 pages
Published June 13th 2014 by Titan Books (first published February 5th 2013)
Madam of Espionage Mysteries #3
Historical fiction / suspense / spy
For review

29 comments:

  1. Ooooooo! I MUST READ THESE BOOKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These books sound really good. You are making me want to add more historicals to my reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read them :D Mystery, spies and historical

      Delete
  3. These sound really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many of these India Black books are out there?

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is one more that has or will come out soon

      Delete
  5. I'm stuck in the middle of #4. Don't know why, it just isn't crying out for me to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another book that I want to get my hands on. Seriously, following you is pushing me to diversify my genres even more. Thank you for that. I need to insert this types of books to my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I aim to please :) Nah, it's just cos I would get cabin fever reading the same genre

      Delete
  7. Wow. Sounds great and really has you wanting more. lol. Hope the next book comes fast for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to begin this series and am so glad you're enjoying it so much--yay! I'll have to bump it up the TBR for sure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you enjoy it too if you start it :)

      Delete
  9. Shakes fist right along with you I hate cliffhangers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You gotta love it when you finish a book craving more! I love spy stories of all kinds so I must add this one to my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sure fun, and this one had a great twist to it :)

      Delete
  11. I really need to go grab book one. Hopefully sometime this summer itll happen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer is great for reading, so let's hope so

      Delete
  12. YAY for spy books! BOO for cliffys. Will definitely check this one out, but maybe not until the next book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wonder what will happen in the next one...

      Delete
  13. Love the Victorian London setting. Hope you find out what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to continue this series soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. *shaking fist* haha... I must start on this series, got the first two books somewhere lol

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP