Tuesday 10 June 2014

Once upon a kiss - Jayne Fresina

These Book Club Belles are ready to put down their novels and find some real-life leading men!

In the sleepy village of Hawcombe Prior, five young ladies of the local book society are reading a salacious romance called Pride and Prejudice. Upon finishing the book, the ladies race to find their own Mr. Darcy, and the handsome, mysterious Darius Wainwright is the perfect mark.

Justina Penny can't understand why her fellow Belles are starry-eyed in the newcomer's arrogant presence. But if the town's only eligible bachelor marries anyone, it should be her sweet, beautiful sister. And it's up to Justina to make it happen. How could this plan possibly go wrong?

My thoughts:
This book was just delightful :D The pages flew by and I was charmed by it. I do hope all the books in this series will be as good.

It's a book about a book club (yay), and they are reading Pride and Prejudice. And the author weaves her spell and the book reads a bit like PP then too. More fun for me.

Our heroine is, gods, crazy! Ha, in a good way. I loved her. She did all the wrong things, said the wrong things, she just wanted to have fun, to lose her bonnet and get her petticoats dirty by jumping in a puddle. Justine was  a great heroine.

Darius does not know what to do with her. He is more the Mr Darcy kind of guy, quiet, reserved, but he sure got to me at once too. They bring out the best in each other, yes even when bickering.

Great couple, fun things happening, a bit of Pride and Prejudice, and more promised as the rest of the book club will find love too. I can't wait.

Conclusion:
An amusing and charming book. Finished it in a day.

Cover
cute

Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published June 3rd 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Book Club Belles Society #1
Historical romance
for review

46 comments:

  1. Sounds cute and light - a nice summer read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds adorable. I love anything with a P&P vibe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amusing and charming are great qualities

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not the biggest P&P fan but this is one I would try. I like the sound of the puddle jumping bonnet losing heroine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not a variation so I am sure you'd like it :)
      And she was a hoot

      Delete
  5. A Mr. Darcy kind of guy never disappoints

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh this one sounds like fun! I'll have to see if my library has it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a cute cover. I picked up the intro novella this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it Friday yet? No? How about now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it's great to have a heroine like that! I hope the other will be as good as well

    ReplyDelete
  10. Somehow the mere cover makes me want to puke...

    In the sleepy village of Hawcombe Prior, five young ladies of the local book society are reading a salacious romance called Pride and Prejudice.

    I hope they won't progress to Fanny Hill...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun read. I might have to try this series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This does sound delightful. Definitely adding to the wishlist ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Iiiih, a book club reading P&P? How totally awesome xDDD I love bickering couples, nyah~nyah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, I just love when they bicker :D And yay for reading PP

      Delete
  14. delightful hey, I want to join that book club :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds completely adorable and perfect for a vacation read (which I have coming up, so yay!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have vacation in 2 weeks, sigh, so long!

      Delete
  16. This sounds really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds fun! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a sweet cover! i love it! glad it was a good story too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely and I like books you can consume in a day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a fun, light read. I may have to pick it up for an upcoming flight. Great review.
    -Flirting with Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :)
      And I do live love light and fun

      Delete
  21. Sounds wonderful. Adding it to my library queue right now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. aww sounds like it was a fun read i missed out on

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP