Monday 30 June 2014

How to Marry a Cowboy - Carolyn Brown

This cowboy's met his match, and he's gonna put a ring on it.

Rancher Mason Harper's two little girls want nothing more than a mama of their own. So when a pretty woman appears on his front porch in a tattered wedding dress, he can't help but wonder if it's fate.

Annie Rose Boudreau is in a downright hellish mess. She's just a few steps ahead of the lowlife ex who's been hot on her heels, but she's tired of running, and nannying Mason's two sweet girls may be just what she needs. As her days on the ranch fly by, and the nights with Mason get hotter, Annie Rose decides that she's going to stay... for a lifetime.

My thoughts:
I liked this one from the start. When poor Annie wakes up to the chatter of two girls thinking their daddy brought home a new mother. And I do like all of Brown's books so no surprise there.

Right, Mason is a rancher with two wild girls who have scared away every nanny there is. But they were sweet rascals and just fun to read about. And Mason was sexy, calm and yummy.

Then we have Annie who is on the run from an old relationship and at first I was all she is never gonna tell, but then she DID tell and I was all, wow. Cos you know, mostly they just drag the secrets around until I wanna hit them in the head. But Annie did tell and the secrets were out. Yes! No unnecessary drama. Just two people getting to know each other, falling in love and taking care of two crazy twins. And various animals.

Conclusion:
You have passion, romance, ranch life, fun times, and if you have read Brown then you know you are in for a good ride.

Cover
cute

352 pages
Expected publication: July 1st 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Cowboys & Brides #4
Contemporary romance
For review

32 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun book! I'm definitely a sucker for stories involving ranch life and romance :)

    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A huge yay for no unnecessary drama! That makes this a must read for me:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun that there was no stupid drama

      Delete
  3. Yeah! Happy you loved this one. I have it coming up very soon. I always enjoy Carolyn Brown books. Thanks for your sweet comments last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have heads, so of course you like the cover. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a huge fan of drama in my romances so I do think I would like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does seem cute and lovely cover! Nice review, Blodeuedd! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this sounds good and I enjoy Brown's books:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I normally don't read "cowboy" stories, but when I do I usually enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of this one, I see it's book 4, will it work as a standalone?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, it's already Tuesday...*waves*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooooooo! Only like 4 weeks left of vay-cay!

      Delete
  11. My first comment didn't post so I did a "test" ;-)

    Your review made me LOL and then I added it to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. THANK GOODNESS! I hate when people keep secrets unnecessarily for millions of pages. smh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gods I know, on and on and on. I just want to kick them in the head

      Delete
  13. That is a cute cover :) I've really got to try hers sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i don't think I've read a book by this author. I'll have to look for her books.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo, sexy single cowboy dad. I could go for that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want! I want! I want! Do I need to read previous books?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want this one! I've never even heard of Carolyn Brown, I don't think. Sometimes (like now) not deviating much from your preferred genres means you miss out. So THANKS ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. I do like reading from many genres :=D But there are some I do not read, and I am sure I miss out there

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP