Tuesday 1 July 2014

Cold Hard Secret - Sierra Dean

The Secret’s out, and heads will roll. Ever since her near-death experience at the hands of the villainous Dr.Kesteral, Secret McQueen hasn’t been the same. As in damaged almost beyond repair. But as usual, Secret has no time to lick her wounds.

Armed to the fangs, she and Desmond embark on a whirlwind quest for revenge that takes them to the sewers of Paris to put an end to Alexandre Peyton. Instead, it’s almost the end of them, and before she can stop him, Peyton rips the veil off her deepest secret.

The devil’s not through muddling up the details, either. An eye-opening confab with Sig in the Big Apple leaves her wondering if she’s ever been in control of her own life at all. Plus, a cryptic postcard sends her racing back to her Manitoba hometown, fearing for her grandmere.

With the Council holding the power of life and death over her head, Secret’s circle of friends is shrinking, while the pool of enemies looking for payback is widening like a pool of her own blood.


My thoughts:
This one had one of Sierra Dean's evil endings. I was reading something, turned the page and gasped, the book had ended! Now that is beyond evil, so yes it does end with a cliffhanger. And it's pretty huge and so good that I want book 8 at once. Like now...please? With sugar on top?

Secret is not her usual kick-ass self. She is still dealing with the aftermath of The Doctor and who can blame her. It was gruesome.  And she still has Peyton to deal with, her mother is still out there and not to mention who she should choose. Ok there I do know something, yes she should chose X. I love X. I am not telling you whose team I am on, anyway it's pretty obvious from previous books.

 She is running around on rooftops in Paris and then racing home to her grandmother. Things are falling into place and I do think the next book will be epic. I can't even imagine what it will be like. Again, I wish I had it now.

If you have not started this series then you really should. It's kick-ass, it's a love-mess that I love. I am not usually a fan of the oh I have many men to choose from but here it works because she is both vampire and werewolf, so that brings issues to the table. I was hooked from page 1 of book 1 and it has never let me down. I love a series that keeps on going strong, so many just die out.

Conclusion:
Did I say that I recommend this one? Oh I did? Well I tell you again, it's a good one.

Cover
nice

ebook, 264 pages
Published July 1st 2014 by Samhain Publishing
Secret McQueen #7
Urban fantasy
For review

37 comments:

  1. Good to hear that the many men works well in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evil endings, I both love and hate it when books do that to me.

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had not yet heard of this series and after reading the synopsis of the first book I decided to add it to my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carmel of Rabid Reads just reviewed this as well. Man, you two are really encouraging me to one-click these honeys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't sound like my kind of series (hate cliffs and love triangles) but I'm glad you have a book that has you desperate for the next!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate those things too, but it just freaking work here :)

      Delete
  6. She seems to be terrible with those cliffie endings. Shame on her. LOL! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the type of ending where you wondering if it was a mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad it was a good one, even with the cliffie. Secret is an awesome name. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read a great review for this book over at Rabid Reads yesterday. I can't believe its already book 8. I read the first book two years ago and I can't believe I havent' gotten back to it. Time to change that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read my first like 2 years ago too, and then I got crazy and read the next 2 at once

      Delete
  10. I always find it strange when characters names are things like "secret" or "chance"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I loved all the books I read in the series and I'm really curious to read this one but I need to read book 4 before lol. Well I have it it's a good start, right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. evil clifhangers should be banned forever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm team Y and cried and cried and cried and... with what he said to Secret. My poor Y... I wish I could console him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sniff* I hope the end is good, I am DYING here

      Delete
  14. Evil writers. lol. xD But its so FUN to be BE one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. not a big fan of triangles but once in a while there is a fun side of them so curious :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm already a couple of books behind, so I think I'm going to wait until the next book comes out before catching up (b/c cliffhanger). Can't wait to read it though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This book's even was 100% evil! I need the next (final... *cries*) installment like NOW!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP