Wednesday 9 July 2014

Do opposites attract? - Kathryn Freeman

There's no such thing as a class divide - until you're on separate sides.

Brianna Worthington has beauty, privilege and a very healthy trust fund. The only hardship she's ever witnessed has been on the television. Yet when she's invited to see how her mother's charity, Medic SOS, is dealing with the aftermath of a tornado in South America, even Brianna is surprised when she accepts.

Mitch McBride, Chief Medical Officer, doesn't need the patron's daughter disrupting his work. He's from the wrong side of the tracks and has led life on the edge, but he's not about to risk losing his job for a pretty face.

Poles apart, dynamite together, but can Brianna and Mitch ever bridge the gap separating them?

My thoughts:
Rich girl meets poor boy and sparks fly.

I liked Brianna, she was rich, nice and wanted more to life than just attending parties and drinking champagne. But she wanted to do something she enjoyed too and when she gets to see what a charity organization is about then she feels like this she could do.

Mitch, honestly he was pretty much an a-hole at times. And only to her, thanks dude! It was cos oh she is rich, then she must be stupid and a snob. So he did say a few things,and of course she took offense. After a while when he started to apologize she shrugged it off. But I would not have given him that many chances. But then she really wanted him. I guess men just can't handle a woman having more money.

Passion brewing in a disaster zone. Back home, will sparks still fly or not? He does not want a relationship with anyone, and being a former street kid he certainly do not see himself worthy of her. But this is a romance and you know it will work out. All thanks to her never giving up.

Cover
ok

Paperback, 336 pages
Expected publication: July 15th 2014 by Choc Lit (first published June 3rd 2014
Romantic fiction
for review

27 comments:

  1. Sounds like the romance is a little frustrating at times given Mitch is a bit of an a-hole on occasion, but I do like antagonistic relationships that lead to an HEA:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor man with a chip on his shoulder ;)

      Delete
  2. I like antagonistic relationships too . . . as long as they don't get TOO obnoxious. Doesn't sound like it does though, so I'd probably like it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relationships like that are hard, but sometimes they are stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sucker for these kind of a set-ups, even though I know the HEA is inevitable. It's just so much fun to read these kind of novels once-in-awhile, though, so thanks for putting this on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They struggled a lot, and I did wonder if they would make it. I knew they would but still ;)

      Delete
  5. Not sure if this one is for me. I don't like the ahole without some good redemption. Still sometimes books like this are just fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the whole he has issues, but I am not as forgiving as she was

      Delete
  6. Looking at the cover and not reading anything else, I'm going to guess this is the story of two shoes falling in love. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes, it is the story of the shoes :)

      Delete
  7. Ha Ha Mitch is a bit of an a-hole. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like a book I'd like :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh look, it's Thursday again...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure about this one... :&

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh it sounds great and fun! I just love the cover! I'm intrigued now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd read it. The cover seems to tell a lot about the story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a shame men have to feel inferior when women have/make more money than them. It sounds like it all worked out for the best though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did, he just had to get his head straight

      Delete
  14. I would not be able to read this. I get so frustrated by women giving infinite chances to guys that are jerks!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP