Friday 25 July 2014

Cursed by Destiny - Cecy Robson

Celia Wird and her three sisters are just like other 20-something girls—with one tiny exception: they're products of a backfired curse that has given each of them unique powers that make them, well, weird…...

Celia’s a girl in trouble.  Her heart is bound to Aric, but he is a pureblood were who must deny her or risk condemning his species to extinction.  And that’s just her love life. She’s also been called to take down a group of demon terrorists looking to overthrow the paranormal world. (No pressure.)

In order to bring them down, Celia must ally herself to Misha, the master vampire who has made no secret of his desire for her. And if that weren’t enough misfortune for one girl, a clairvoyant’s prediction could destroy Celia and Aric’s love for good. The only way to protect the world from unbridled supernatural terrorism is for Celia to bind herself to her destined mate. And that doesn’t appear to be Aric….

My thoughts:
I was angry at Aric for a great deal of this book. He is supposed to marry someone else (cos the wolf leaders are assholes). But he kept coming to Celia, wanting her comfort and I was all hell no! You stay away! Aric was hurting, Celia was hurting. It was painful to read about. I just wanted him to go away, he made it so much worse. I so want to go and kick that one wolf elder in the butt, dang him!

But the book was about other things too ;) I liked Misha for awhile (I still do), I just do not think they should be, sadly no. So Celia is staying there, as everyone else is at the Den, and she is not allowed. Damn assholes.

And then there is the whole plot of course. Someone is after Celia. Lots of different attempts to get her. Demons running around and just all kind of bad guys around.

And the end, first something being said by someone arghhhh. And then something Celia says. Omg, omg! I remembered finishing book 2 and not knowing if there would be a book 4. Now I know, and I am glad I waited a bit longer to read this one cos I really want book 4 now.

Conclusion:
Good series.

Cover
nice

Paperback, 368 pages
Published January 7th 2014 by Signet
Weird Girls #3
Urban fantasy romance
Own

33 comments:

  1. "and I was all hell no! You stay away!"

    Hahaha, love it! This is clearly a more emotional installment since the two of them are hurting so much, I'll have to wait for book four to be out just so I can immediately start it and see if things work out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes wait cos omg! Arghhhhh *kicks someone*

      Delete
  2. Love that bit too Jenny! xD
    But what is the curse? Why is she weird? Is she a wolf too? MEEEH! I MUST KNOW! *adds to TBR pile*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we learn of the curse at once. She and her sisters have different powers. She is a shifter

      Delete
  3. sounds like you are enjoying these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! To your review, my thoughts exactly about this book... now where is my copy of A Cursed Bloodline? I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skimmed over the review in fear of spoilers but book 1 is definitely on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I so need to start this series. I have the first 3 book on my tbr so now I can't wait to start it and be waiting like you for the 4th! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wait until book 4 and then read all at once ;)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like this a really interesting series. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't a fan of the romantic tension in this novel so I've quit the series. I hate so much drama and uncertainty over a mere romance, but perhaps if the sequel is really good I'll return to these books. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was a LOT of drama. I got annoyed, and wanted to smack everyone over the head. Still I need to know what happens! Neeeed

      Delete
  9. haha great review, I love urban fantasy, now I wanna read the series :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really got into this one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one I still need to try. I won a copy of this one just need to pick up the rest of them now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was hard for me to read too! Like you I was angry for so many reasons. Did you get her NA contemporary? That should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, Na contemporary just seems to angsty to me

      Delete
  13. Ah yes, it was really difficult to have Aric like that and it's so heartbreaking to see Celia like that...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know if I can handle these series anymore. The prequel nearly killed me (b/c sisters), and then book 1 was seriously stressful, and now I know the relationship angst is going on in a BIG way . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's stressful for sure. It was so good and then boom, idiots saying she is not good enough

      Delete
  15. The covers are all starting to blur together for me...

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol. Well done without telling what happened. It was hard this book, the anguish of the the. Ga! But yes, the end and neeeeeding the next book. I hear ya!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP