Monday 21 July 2014

Secrets of the Demon - Diana Rowland

Homicide detective Kara Gillian has a special talent: she can sense the "arcane" in our world, and there's quite a bit of it, even in Beaulac, Louisiana. She's also a summoner of demons, and works on a task force that deals with supernatural crimes. Her partners are attractive and smart FBI agents, but they're not summoners, and they're not telling Kara why they are on this special force with her.

To complicate things even more, Kara has pledged herself to one of the most powerful of demons—Demon Lord Rhyzkahl—who helped save her partner's life, but now expects things in return. Meanwhile, she's trying to solve a string of murders that are somehow tied together by money, sex, rock music and...mud. But how can she concentrate on the case when she's not even sure who—or what—her partners are? 

 My thoughts:
Yay, I am so glad this series continues to be good. It was good all way through and then at the end, it was not a cliffie. BUT, she made me go all NEED book 4! I do have book 4, so that is a relief, I am just afraid book 4 will make me feel the same way and then I do not have book 5, drama.

Kara is cool. She is good at her job, she is witty, she has mindblowing sex with a demon lord. Awww yes he is, yum. But I do wonder what he has planned. Then there is Jill (cool too), Zach (we get to know stuff about him, yay), and of course Ryan. Ryan Ryan, what is he hiding? I get closer to those secrets and then the book ends and I need to know. I am way too curious. Ryan has also truly grown on me.

In this book she has to solve why a few musicians are being targeted. And it's never simple when it comes to her cases. And then something else starts happening too, intriguing.

Conclusion:
Like I said, I need book 4 now!
Recommended series.

Cover
ok


Paperback, 310 pages
Published January 4th 2011 by DAW (first published November 11th 2010)
Kara Gillian #3
Urban fantasy
Own


Between D&R

I am over at Melliane's blog today with a review of The Wurms of Bleurmouth. Stop by :D

35 comments:

  1. This is another series where I own book one. I need to open a library called "Book One"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series sounds like one hell of a ride. I really need to have a series binge read one day!

    I miss doing those.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well yay for no cliffhanger! Woo hoo:) I need to check out book one:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think I need to get all of these and then read them back to back. Sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, this sounds fabulous. Glad you enjoyed it! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd gonna read this series, it sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to read this series, I won a copy of book four this last winter so it is in my pile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Demon lord....seems awesomely dangerous. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. It pays to wait a bit for most of the book to come out so the next one is ready to be devoured if the previous book ends in a cliffie or had you wanting for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now I have to WAIT for book 7. Cries

      Delete
  10. Kara sounds like a great character and glad to hear that you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you're enjoying the series. It's so often the ones we like best that we haven't all the books for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Well I ended up buying the next two and devouring them

      Delete
  12. Too many series I need to read. If I see book one on sale, I may snatch it up to give it a shot.

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Demon Lord Rhyzkahl -- I like that name. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this series it's a fun one! I really need to try the last book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to get caught up on this series. When I started only two book were out. I read and loved them both, and then . . . nothing. I'll have to dig them out again ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I like to start when many are already out :)

      Delete
  16. Now I need to find book 1. This sounded really great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I do need to get to this series. *sigh* Good to hear about the ending though. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP