Wednesday 4 June 2014

Talk to Me - Jules Wake

Olivia and Daniel certainly aren’t talking the language of love…

Olivia has been in love with Daniel forever but, despite her best efforts, they’ve never been able to get it together. Their relationship has always been a series of mixed messages and misunderstandings, and the final straw comes when Daniel mysteriously starts dating her flat-mate, Emily.

Hurt and confused, Olivia resolves to forget her heartache with a spot of speed-dating. After all, what could possibly go wrong?

One crazy stalker later and Olivia’s life is becoming increasingly strange and scary. Can she rely on Daniel to step in when events take a terrifying turn, or will their communication breakdown ultimately result in tragedy?

My thoughts:
A romance with suspense thrown in, as the end does get really suspenseful.

Olivia has been in love with her friend Daniel for a while. But nothing has happened. But the spark is there, I can see it as I read and they so belong together. She is a nice girl, he is a nice boy. they should be.

But Daniel is dating her room mate. Noooo. And she was such a cow, I grew to loathe her as the book progressed. Trust me, you will also feel the same. Arghhh, what a cow!

So these two have a long way to go. He is with someone else, she thinks all is lost.

Now where does the suspense come in? Oh there is a stalker, a creepy creeping stalker. And who is it? What does the stalker want? What will happen? You will see.

Conclusion:
Romance, suspense and a friendship that has a suffered a bit.

Cover
eh

Paperback, 336 pages
Expected publication: June 15th 2014 by Choc Lit (first published May 6th 2014)
Romantic suspense
for review

31 comments:

  1. creepy creeping stalker--lolz.

    This sound fun cow and all ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, that cow, grrr.

      And that stalker, ugh

      Delete
  2. It's not Friday yet. Waaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love romantic suspense and this sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A creepy stalker eh? Sounds fun. I love the cover I would read it for that only, yeah I am shallow I admit it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. The cover makes sense too, it's from a pr trick in the book

      Delete
  5. The story sounds good, but that cover is giving me mixed signals, lol. Like, is that a subtle way of saying "kiss my...dress's back", lol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no. It was for this PR thing they worked on for a lipstick but hey your thing works too

      Delete
  6. Poor cow. I want to read it just because you had that reaction. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is a cow exactly? Is that the British counterpart for bitch, c**t?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes I did not want to take out the big guns but you got it

      Delete
  8. I wouldn't have expected the suspens part here but now I'm curious to see what the guy will do after the stalking part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came from the whole stalker thing growing growing and then suspense

      Delete
  9. I have a feeling I'm not going to like her roommate very much! But I love to hate a good character, it means I'm emotionally involved which is always a good thing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, you think? ;)

      But yes I love that too

      Delete
  10. The lipstick kisses on the dress is tacky. And I don't get.
    HOwever, this sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was for a PR thing for a new lipstick in the book

      Delete
  11. Oooh I don't know. I think I would be mad that he's dating her flatmate.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But they are just friends so why shouldn't he be allowed to date her

      Delete
  12. Ooh stalkers creep me out majorly! I'm curious to see what happens in this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The book cover doesn't seem to fit a story with creepy stalkers! Sounds good though - chick lit suspense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's a romance too and the creepy stalker is there in the background, not a threat before he is a threat

      Delete
  14. that's too pretty a cover to have a 'cow' in it HA

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP