Sunday 12 September 2010

The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers - Angie Fox + short Mills and Boon review

Book 2  Demon slayer

Genre: Paranormal romance
Pages: 320
Published: 2009

Last month, I was a single preschool teacher whose greatest thrill consisted of color-coding my lesson plans. That was before I learned I was a slayer. Now, it's up to me to face curse-hurling imps, vengeful demons, and any other supernatural uglies that crop up. And, to top it off, a hunk of a shape-shifting griffin has invited me to Greece to meet his family.

But it's not all sun, sand, and ouzo. Someone has created a dark-magic version of me with my powers and my knowledge--and it wants to kill me and everyone I know. Of course, this evil twin doesn't have Grandma's gang of biker witches, a talking Jack Russell terrier, or an eccentric necromancer on its side. In the ultimate showdown for survival, may the best demon slayer win.

This one turned into a quickie since I really should review just after I read books, and this time I did not. Also it has been waiting on GoodReads to be published here too.

Plot:
Lizzy's uncle has been seduced by a succubus in Las Vegas and the gang set out to save him. But first she needs a demon slayer license and that will not be easy. And Dimitri sets out on his own. She has her hands full.

Characters:
Lizzy learned a whole lot of new tricks, Pirate was awesome, they found a new friend. Dimitri was rather elusive. The biker witches, oh they make this book. And the fairies were a nice touch to it.
 
Romance:
Not that much actually, but then when they finally get together it's wild.

Action: 
Yes expect spells and demon kicking.

Bad things:
I don't know really, perhaps too little Pirate in it, what can I say I just love him. Oh and more hunky boyfriend.
 
Good things:
I do like the biker witches, they are awesome.

Final thoughts:
It was cute and fun. 

Cover:
Kick-ass
Reason for reading: I got it from Staci if I am not totally mistaken :)

Since I already gave a quick review then why not another one today.

Her Royal Wedding Wish - Cara Colter

Genre: Contemporary romance
Pages: 192
Published: 2008

Princess Shoshauna of B'Ranasha has followed royal convention all her life. Her greatest wish is freedom—and to marry for love, not duty.

A royal assignment: Suddenly in danger, Shoshauna is whisked to an exotic island by soldier Jake Ronan. He's been hired to protect her, and despite the attraction makes it clear he's here for duty, not love….

Her wedding wish: Being with Jake, Shoshauna feels truly happy and free for the first time. But can she dream of herself, a royal, marrying this hardened soldier?

Plot:
A princess must hide and with her she has a hunky protector. She wants to be an ordinary woman, and he, well he has a hard time resting her.


Characters:
Princess Shoshauna of an island kingdom is innocent and protected. She doesn't want to marry but well she has too. She is curious and her strength grows.
Ronan is a touch soldier who has dealt with the worst that war brings but a sweet little princess is too much for him and he melts.


Romance:
Actually almost nothing. It's more her growth, him teaching her, and then some sweetness at the end.

Action:
Nope.

Bad things:
I did except at least some romance on that island, but he is a true gentleman.


Good things:
Quick, sweet and a book you just read without thinking.


Final thoughts:
They are like they always are. Sweet books with that HEA that no one doubts.

Cover: Cute
Reason for reading: Bought
 



15 comments:

  1. I think Her Royal Wedding Wish sounds like a very sweet book. I love an old fashioned romance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the angie fox book looks awesome!! i have this one and the first one. great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DC
    Me too, they are just so sweet, harmless and cute. I do think I must give this way on my blogaversary :) oh and it helps that it's thin ;)

    Carrie
    Cool, I hope you get to read them, the best part is the humour

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both sound good. I've been wanting to read something by Angie Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both sound good, the second one would annoy me though if there wasn't enough romance in it.
    Great reviews!
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yvonne
    You should try her out and see if you like her :)

    Naida
    I know, I kept waiting and waiting, but ok it was sweet too that they didn't do anything. She was so shielded from real life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard really good things about Angie Fox book and a Mills and Boons for you - that's a surprise....

    You haven't feature one of those for a while....

    They both sound really sweet..

    E.H>

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, I did send you that one!! Totally loved how you made the reviews your own. It works and I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello...wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. I love your blog header...truly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. EH
    I know, they do not come around that often, but I when I need something fast, and light I go for one. They always make me happy :)

    Chris
    *waves back*

    Staci
    Thanks :D Oh yes took me a while to read it after I got it, but that is me, and then it took me a while to post it here, lol

    Thanks Michelle
    I do love my header, so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Biker witches has hooked it for me!

    I quite like Mills and Boons, too.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sassy
    Oh they are awesome and crazy, lol, a must read to understand.
    Mills and Boon, yay

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have GOT to read this series! I read the first chapter of the first book when it came out but I never did manage to get a copy. Got to get around to doing that...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ladytink
    I do think you could like it, it has some romance, fun stuff, and a very cool dog

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP