Thursday 16 September 2010

Review: Never a Bride - Amelia Grey

 ..

Genre: Historical romance
Pages: 352
Published: September 2010 Sourcebooks Casablanca



When he left for America six years ago, the handsome Viscount Stonehurst never suspected that he would return home to England to find his lovely fiancée embroiled in the scandal of the decade. The woman he planned on making his wife has been kissing every man in London, except him. But scandal doesn’t matter in search of the truth.
Engaged and then abandoned, Mirabella Wittingham is determined to find the man who drove her cousin to suicide, even if it means ruining her reputation and disgracing herself in the process. When her plans go awry, Mirabella has no choice but to turn to her long-lost fiancé for help. But can she trust the man who deserted her so many years ago, or is he destined to fail her yet again?

I liked this one, I can't say what it was, perhaps the dry humour of it all, but this was my to date favourite Amelia Grey book.

Mirabella is the heroine who has been kissing gentlemen in the garden and touching their necks. The buzz is out, but she doesn't care of her reputation suffers because she wants to find the man who ruined her cousin. But sadly her plans fall apart when her fiancé shows up again. He has been gone for 6 years, and by now she had kind of thought that he would never return to marry her. It doesn't get better that since they never met back then they now can't recognize each other.

I must say, her going around kissing men was great fun. And at that time one little kiss was one big scandal. Just because the viscount is back doesn't men she stops, now she makes new plan, and her plans, yes they are great fun to read about.

Mirabella is one forward heroine, I like that she loves so deeply that she cares more for her cousin than herself. Camden, our hero is quite taken by her, but he is also shocked and not sure what to do. So of course I wanted her to just tell him! But then where would the drama be then. Now let things unfold on their own because it did make me want to know what would happen. And if Mirabella ever would find that man who disgraced her cousin.

This was one sweet historical romance with a couple who liked each other, but those kisses kept them apart. There is also the mystery surrounding her cousin, and her putting herself into situations that would be rather reckless considering.

What is left to say, except that this is my kind of historical romance. It suits me well.

Blodeuedd's Cover Corner. All pink and cute.
Reason for reading: From sourcebooks
Final thoughts: Fun, cute, and kept me reading.

A bit torn between two, so I give it 3,75 I liked it, and I would recommend it


26 comments:

  1. Loved your review! Certainly keeps me wanting to read this book even though historical romance is not my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your review. It sounds like a book I'd enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great combo of humour and romance, which is what I like. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review! Sounds like great read :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review and I do like historical romances, but this one sounds just a little too "sweet."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds cute. Looks like something I may have to get when I'm in the mood for a good historical romance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review!! I'm glad to see your review of this one. you're so right it was really cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris
    Oh it is the worst sort of scandal!

    Lilly
    Thanks, that is what I aim for :) And I do love HR, it makes me happy with their cute HEAs

    Mary
    It was really cute, and I think I fell in love when I saw the cover

    Irena
    You're welcome. There was something nice about thsi book, and it was her first even I think

    ReplyDelete
  9. Host
    Thanks :D Oh it was!

    Carol
    No no, too sweet, oh wait, what does that mean? It was not all sugar and cuteness, those two did think about other things too

    Melissa
    Aww the HR mood, I do like when that strikes me

    Carrie
    I know :D I love cute HR with some twist, and well I can be such a HR prude sometimes ;) and therefore I liked this one. Can't wait to see what you write

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must admit that it sounds fun kissing gentlemen in a garden. Don't tell my hubby I told you so LOL

    Lovely review, I think I might have to add this title on my wish-list :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ladybug,
    My lips are sealed ;=) It was a good one, I sure enjoyed this tale

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like a great historical romance. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds wonderful. Another one for my historical rec list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Melissa
    I did like it, it was so light, I needed that.

    Sassy
    I know, such a scandal, could you imagine, lol

    Susi
    Aye I like my HR for sure

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it that is for sure. Sounds like a fun romp!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dc
    It was :) I do like that

    Staci
    Hihi, I liked it, kind of old school HR

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to read Amelia Grey. I think I'd enjoy her books. Great review! I enjoy historical romance too.

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never heard of this author or book but it sounds cute. The cover reminds me of a Harlequin though.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Naida
    They are fun, of course I am reading one now that gave me a nightmare! I must be weird

    Ladytink
    I always did like cover like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Inked
    It was, the story was like the cover, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Juju
    I know right, so cute and adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP