Monday 13 September 2010

Review: Mr Darcy's Little Sister - C. Allyn Pierson


Genre: Historical fiction romance Austen variation
Pages: 480
Published: September 2010 Sourcebooks Landmark

Darcy and Elizabeth have found their happily ever after - now it's Georgiana Darcy's turn! Joining her brother and his new bride, Elizabeth in London is a dream come true for the shy, sweet Georgiana Darcy. Eager to learn to negotiate polite society from her graceful and composed new sister-in-law, Georgiana is ready to make her entrance into the matchmaking and intrigue filled ballrooms of London. Making her way through the sea of rogues and fortune hunters, Georgiana will make the transition from being simply Mr. Darcy's little sister to a confident young woman with her own engaging story to tell.


I sure like my Austen books, and of course those about Lizzy and Darcy. This book was good because it was about Georgiana, and what happened to her.

Lizzy and Darcy are married and it's time for Georgiana's first season. She is really nervous, and she is still very shy. In this book she will find love, and Darcy will have an adventure of his own.

I think she did well with portraying Georgiana. She was still that shy young woman from the books, and she has a hard time in this book. And of course we met the Darcy's, in love and happy, Colonel Fitzwilliam his normal smiling self, the Bingley family (Caroline hunting for a husband), Kitty, and some new characters.

This book will have a man trying to win her hand, and he is not a nice man. She is trying to figure out what love is, and Darcy is sent to a mission to France. That part we didn't get to read about, and I think it was for the best. Cos I couldn't really see him being sent on any mission.

I loved that she got a book of her own, and it only made me want more like this. I do think Kitty deserve a book, she is sure to be very much more well behaved after Lydia is gone.

The negative part was also positive. She fell in love, he was in love, everyone was happy, but there was this one thing, I can't say it, you have to read it and see what I mean.

All in all a good book, and all my Austen characters were as they should be.

Blodeuedd's Cover Corner: Fitting
Reason for reading: From Sourcebooks
Final thoughts: For romance lovers and Austen addicts.


25 comments:

  1. I do love me some Darcy, so I'll definitely have to read this one! Brilliant review, as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds lovely! I have a soft spot for Georgiana because she's in the background, but I'm sure her story is meant to be good and interesting. And you're right, Kitty needs her own novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you on loving Austen rewrite's too and this one sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful review! Must add this one to my TBR list.

    And I agree with you - - Kitty deserves her own book as well.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this book, too, even though I figured out who Georgiana would end up with before she did. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa
    Thanks!
    I sure love him too, and he was as lovely as ever in this one..hm, not the right set of words, but hey Darcy is Darcy

    Irena
    I always did wonder too, so it was fun to see her have a book of her own. Glad that you agree, I sure hope I come across a Kitty story soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori
    Thanks, and happy Monday to you too!
    Not that I know all the Austen book, but I have not seen one yet. I am sure she would have a very good book

    Amused
    They are the best, aren't they :) I do love everything Austen. It is so fun to see what happened next.

    Ana
    Lol, I did too, and then I peaked at the end to see if I was right, which I was

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good grief. Next it'll be Mr Darcy's nephew's cousin's next-door neighbor...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yay!! I'm adding this to my list of Austen books to read. Sounds wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chris
    *giggles*
    Hey I read a book about the Collins family so anything is possible.

    Staci,
    How did I ever survive without Austen sequels? They are so amusing

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sure do love your P&P sequels. Georgianna is one of the characters I always wanted to read more about. I liked her in the book and the movie. Adding this to the tbr. Also glad the charecters were as they should be :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one sounds good! Especially since you get a glimpse into Georgianas life. Glad to hear the author got it right.
    Great review ;)
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenny
    Is it that obvious ;) Yes it sure is. I guess it comes from loving those movies, having a crush on Colin Firth, and just loving the regency era.
    But yes she was always such a sensible young woman so it was fun to see her evolve

    Naida
    After that last book that I got angry at I was happy to read a good sequel where everyone was as Austen meant them to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. As a fan Austen sequels and your comment at the end, "but there was this one thing, I can't say it, you have to read it and see what I mean" has me hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to read this one! Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad to hear that the author was true to Austen's original character while still giving her a more detailed story! Thanks for the review! I'll have to check this one out =) I've always thought Georgiana deserved some time in the limelight, especially after Lizzy's been around a little while and hopefully rubbed off on her! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just wanted to pop on over to wave a big HI to you!!!!!! Hope all is well honey!!! Hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nise,
    Lol, I would sure have loved to have discussed it but can't..perhaps after you have read it ;)

    Yvonne
    I do love my Austen fiction, they are so fun

    Casey
    They were very true, and that is wonderful. She kept them as they were, but she also made them hers, and let them experience new things. And yes Lizzy did help Gerorgiana here, she was a very good influence

    Cecile,
    Hi hon, happy to see you here! I hope all is well and that you are reading a lot of smutty books

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll read this book. Like you, I'm interested in Georgiana's story. It will be fun to read about Darcy and Lizzy too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Edie
    It was sure nice to get her story, and to see Lizzy and Darcy and see them happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds so good! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I still haven't ever managed to finish an Austen. I heard books like this described as Austen fanfiction the other day and thought it was funny though.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Juju :D

    Ladytink
    Hihi, it is fanfiction in a way, and some started like that...and to be truthful, I have only read 2 Austen books, I prefer the movies

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP