Monday 29 November 2010

Review: Fused - Kari Lee Townsend

Samantha Granger experiment book 1

Genre: MG, sci-fi contemporary
Pages: 192
Published: November 2010 Sourcebooks Jabberwocky

After Sam is fused with her cell phone, she's ready to conquer the world! Or at least the 8th grade...

When Samantha Granger touches a meteor while talking on her cell phone, her life is changed forever: her body now has all the capabilities of her phone (GPS, phone, text, camera). She secretly calls herself a "Digital Diva" as she rushes to answer emergency calls. But will her identity be discovered when sparks fly (literally!) between her and Trevor, her dreamy crush? Samantha has to get a handle on her abilities and quick, because when Sam gets kidnapped and the entire town is in danger, she is the only one who can save them.

Plot:
Sam is just like any other teenage girl, except for that her parents have moved around a lot since they are scientists. Now she is at a new school, she has got a great bff, and a crush on this really cute boy. But then she touches something that fell from the sky and she gets fused with her cell phone, she is a waling GPS, and she can hear the super hero in her calling.

My thoughts:
The book was cute, fun and short. I think it works well for girls and boys. For girls there is Trevor, the boy Sam has a crush on, and her trying to deal with that (while having this weird crazy powers), and for the guys there is the fact that she decides to become a superhero. The book is MG but works for YA too.

Samantha was a nice girl, she is not the most popular girl, she is not the smartest, she is just your average teenager, that is before she gets crazy powers. Powers that later are explained, the whole phone and meteor thing.

Something is always going on, Sam in school being suddenly really smart in geography class, trying to deal with Trevor, or when the evil queen bee Ali is feeling threatened by her (there is always that mean girl). Trying to save people in need or when the situation gets out of control since she is feeling someone stalking her.

Recommendation and final thoughts:
Like I said, great for boys and girls, MG and YA. This is a book I could recommend to someone younger since it was a nice book and it did get a bit exciting too. I enjoyed it too, it was short, and I always did enjoy a superhero story.

Reason for reading:
I am always in for something new.

Cover thoughts:
Good colors

From sourcebooks for review

21 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice and short read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look fun and the cover is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so so cute! Anything superhero is fine by me! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a dessert I don't need and I shouldn't eat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so much cuter than I thought it would have been. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds cute and I really really like that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris
    I needed something light and cute :)

    Cherry
    That is so needed now and again

    Bermuda
    I know, she does look like a little superhero

    Melissa
    The world needs more superheroes, or should I say heroines :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ana
    Lol, dessert can be like that sometimes

    Melissa
    After all the heavy and big books I have read lately this was just what I needed.

    Staci
    Cuteness all way around :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Growing up I would have loved a book like this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You read such fun books! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a cute book - those are nice to read once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Naida
    Cute is always nice

    DC
    I would sure have liked it too, I just read about silly horses,adn missed the good stuff

    Yvonne
    Thanks :)

    Dar
    I agree :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds adorable and I must admit the cover is quite precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Juju
    I am sure you would enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can definitely see this being appealing to the MG audience.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like a really cute book. While I think it's probably too young for me now I'm sure I would have enjoyed it when I was in eighth grade.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Alyce
    And there is always a need for more super heroines :)

    Simcha
    I would have too, still liked it now, lol. But yes it would more be a pic I would give to a niece, or if I had children that age

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP