Thursday 10 March 2011

Review: The Bitter Seed of Magic - Suzanne McLeod

On the surface, Genny's life seems ripple-free right now. Finn, her sexy boss, has stopped pushing for a decision on their relationship. The seductive vampire Malik al-Khan has vanished back into the shadows. And the witches have declared her no longer a threat. But unless Genny can find a way to break the fertility curse afflicting London's fae, she knows this is just the lull before the magical storm. Then a faeling - a teenage girl - is fished out of the River Thames, dead and bound with magic, and Genny is called into investigate. As she digs through the clues, her search takes a sinister and dangerous turn, exposing age-old secrets that might be better left buried. Then another faeling disappears, and Genny finds herself in a race against time to save the faeling and stop the curse from claiming its next victim - herself.

My thoughts:
I can't believe this, the next book is out first in 2012! How on earth will I make it until then? I seriously need more Genny.

And yes there will be spoilers from previous books here.

Back to business then. Genny needs to crack a certain fertility curse so that she doesn't have to have a baby. The Fae are sending suitors to her, and I must say that I like the two in this book. Then there is the queen of the fairy lands who doesn't want her preggers. But Genny does not give up and she keeps on going and going. She is one tough Sidhe.

As usual there are lots of things going on. Trying to break the curse, finding who is killing Faelings, and as usual dealings with vampires. There is plenty of action, and I just had to keep on reading because I did not want to put the book down. I just had to know what would happen next.

The love life then, there is still Finn, but honestly, he is too nice, while I want her with Malik, who is totally wrong for her, but that man just oozes passion. And they have some serious tension going on between them. One more thing I looking forward to in the next book.

The book did manage to make me go OMG! What a moment, I did not see that coming. I wish I could tell you all, but just read the series and you will experience it.

A magical series that make me want more and more. The books keep on getting better.

Conclusion:
Just read the series :D It has so much to offer, some good old sexual tension, vampires with plans, all sorts of different Fae, London, and secrets, so many juicy secrets. Now I just have to wait one more year until the next book, I would give anything for at least a blurb.

Rating:
Awesome

Cover:
Meh

Reason for reading:
Like I said, awesome series.

Info:
Series: Spellcrackers 3
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Pages; 352
Publisher: Gollancz
Published:  2011

30 comments:

  1. YOu sound very desperate! LOL. I must read this series soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hate when I have to wait a year for the next in a good series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again ...SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE

    It's exactly how I felt about this book. The OMG parts and all. So which of the 3 book is your favorite huh? *g*

    I know Malik is wrong for her but he's soooo sooo... *sigh*. I WAS rooting for Finn in the past and now I'm not sure anymore. *sigh*
    Such a great series. I'm so happy you loved it too (yes yes i'm rambling)
    Now you'll suffer the wait for book 4 with me *g* <==I'm evil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow I don't understand your excitement - the first book was not too bad, the second was dreadful. I am not sure I will try the third. Maybe. (put that baseball down, seriously, there's no need to crack my skull, it's only a book!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2012?! Oh oh - whatever will you do?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. B,

    I've read the first book in this series and really enjoyed it. I have to remember to get the rest of them. :)

    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL..."Just Read The Series"...ok you twisted my arm! :-D Great review and I'm placing the first book on my TBR list to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Vivienne
    Well by looking at your post you know the feeling ;) I really want book 4

    @Mary
    I wish now that I had waited a bit to read them all, but I just could not.

    @Ana
    ! You are so mean *sits in corner and sulks*
    Hihi, just kidding. You know book 3 is the best. Ok ok I shall not try to make you read it if it was not for you

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Caro
    Lol, yes I have a weakness, oh damn him, I really should like Finn instead ;)
    But yes Malik is just sex on a freaking stick. My brain tells me Finn but then Malik shows up all dark and mysterious and I fall every single time.

    I was certainly rambling too, but at least you know why.

    The OMG moments, omg, Mcleod is just a genius.

    The wait, the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Chris
    I hate waiting! :(

    @Michelle
    If you liked book 1 then I am sure you will like the rest too

    @Deanna
    All your fault, I need to use "just read it" these days. So simple, so perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes a charasmatic Mr. Wrong can be a wonderful detour.

    Hope 2011 passes quickly for you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. hehehehe

    I had to read the review with my eyes closed in order to avoid spoilers, but you did a great wrap up in the conclusion, manly drawing me in with the promise of some good sexual tension.

    Maybe I should wait until 2012 when I can read the books back to back. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You really liked this! I'm going to have to check out this series then...

    ReplyDelete
  14. @DC
    I sure hope it passes fast too :) And yes a nice detour is always fun

    @Carrie
    The ravens are cool, but not for me

    @Missie
    I know the feeling, I do tend to skim and read the last part of a review when I am scared of spoilers ;)
    Waiting could be good, cos look at me, and there wasn't even a cliffhanger

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this sounds like a series I need to get into! I always tend to root for the bad boy that probably isn't right for the heroine but of course who I'm thoroughly attracted to regardless:) Definitely going to look these books up, I obviously have time to get caught up on them if the next one doesn't come out until 2012! Thanks for the review:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This series does sound good. Oh my, having to wait until 2012 could be iffy. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cover was a bit lackluster...sorry that you have to wait for the next installment over a year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darn it! Stop making me want another series! You are becoming evil that way! :) Hopefully 2012 will come quickly for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this book!
    It was great to see your thoughts on it.
    Thanks for stopping by our blog the other day & following - I'm following here now, too :-)

    I definitely prefer Malik over Finn, I did in the last book too, and this has just cemented it.

    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
  20. ok ok, I'll read these Jeez!! LOL Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would hate to have to wait until 2012 to read a book. Glad you enjoyed the series.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aaaa, you're really getting to me here! I'm going to have to pull the first book off the shelves here soon to dig in! lol. Thank you! I really do need to get into this series.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow a rave review! This is yet another series I've been meaning to read but maybe I should wait for the next one to come out lol ... the tension might just kill me :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Since you've been raving about this series, it kind of makes me want to read this more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Jenny
    You sure got time :) A book here and there through out the year and then it's 2012.
    Oh yes the bad boy, we do all love them don't we, but Malik was just so so. awww so bad

    @Darlene
    The worst part is that I tend to forget how much I want a book :(

    @Staci
    I have obviously no patience at all, lol

    @Melissa
    *all innocently*
    Me, nah, I am really sweet...mouwahahhahahahahaaah

    @Ailsa
    Book 2 was the book for me too, there I just liked him and then more and more...and more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Larissa
    Yay, you'll like them, and you will love Malik, I promise

    @Yvonne
    That's life, but I can wait..I am just not that good at it

    @Melissa
    Go and dig it out from under that TBR pile and start reading

    @Teddyree
    I do tend to want to read all books at once if I like a series :) I just get to into them

    @Jenny
    I have sure been raving, guilty as charged

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, sounds very good. I'm a fan of vampires and London.

    ReplyDelete
  28. @Naida
    Then this one is for you :=)

    ReplyDelete
  29. vampires with plans, hmmm, wonder what they are. guess i'll have to read this series ;-D

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP