Thursday 3 March 2011

Review: It happened One Bite - Lydia Dare

Blaire Lindsay's been warned that her ancestral home is haunted. But it will take more than tales of a ghost to frighten Blaire, a battle-born witch with supernatural strength and the ability to make sparks fly from her fingertips. Hearing spectral wails, she decides to search for their source, and is surprised to find a handsome young man chained to the dungeon wall. But when Blair frees James from his bonds, she quickly discovers she's unloosed far more than she could ever have imagined. Soon the castle is overrun with vampires whose perfect manners and compelling blood lust make for some very awkward moments, and Blair and James are joined in the fight of their lives to save everything they hold dear from the forces of evil.

My thoughts:
I liked the werewolf books by Lydia Dare and I was curious about the vampire series and reading more about the witches. I never thought it, but I ended up liking this book even more than previous books.

In this book is Blaire's turn to find love. She can fight like a man, and she is not a lady even though her brother wants it. For that I did like Blaire, she was herself, she was strong and she was not about to let a man tell her what to do. Then there is James, the hero of the book, a vampyre that has been imprisoned in a dungeon for 20 years, put their by Blaire's mum and her coven. Even though he does hold a grudge, he is a sweet vamp.

But honestly the person I was the most fascinated by is Matthew Halkett, a very old vampire and who will be in the next book. I can't wait for his story.

Back to the book. James is hungry and not just for blood since he wants Blaire for more. They do their little dance. Then two more vampires show up and they are not nice at all. They want death and blood. There is danger, passion and at the end we meet up with old friends. Sorcha, who still love to flirt, Elspeth and Benjamin, and Alex, I am starting to get a bit interested in him, he is turning into something nice.

The best part about this book is that I just wanted more. I kept turning page after page to find out what is going to happen. The book has no dull moments and there is a flow, and you just want more.

Conclusion:
Dare manages to create a new fun series. Old friends, and no you do not need to have read the werewolf books, passion, magic and vampires. A fast read that I enjoyed.

Reason for reading:
I read her werewolf series

Cover:
I do like the castle, but.....

Rating:
Page turner
Series: Regency Vampyre Trilogy 1
Genre: Historical paranormal romance
Pages: 416
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca March 1st 2011


PS. 
I am being interviewed/book blogger spotlight today over at My Love Affair with Books

 

31 comments:

  1. I love it when books always leave you wanting more...it's the sign of a great read! Fabulous review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have her werewolf books waiting for me! Good to know her other books are just as fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If a book is a page-turner I am really able to forgive a lot. The cover is not the best part of the bundle, though. I hope you will enjoy other parts too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love it when I end up loving a serie more than the last. I shall look out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New author again for me and I might have to try these someday. Sounded really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! A new vampire series! I wonder if you would feel more connected to the world building aspect if you read the werewolf series first?

    Glad you had fun with book one. Thanks for sharing your thoughts; I've been curious about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it when it leaves you wnating for more pages. ;) Sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I didn't know she had a vampire series! I really enjoyed the werewolf books as well, so glad to hear you like this book just as much if not more:) I will definitely be picking this one up, I love a story that flows well and keeps you turning the pages!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh, this one sounds so good and I love when a book leaves me itching for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this sounds good. I still need to get into her were series too. Oh... so many books...

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Melissa
    I have hopes for book 2 :D And I SO hope I know the couple for book 3, I kind of want that now...hihi

    @Audra
    I hope you like them :D And yes they just keep getting better

    @Ana
    It's kind of meh, what can you do. Still behind it was a page turner. Loved that, I just needed to know things

    @Vivienne
    I did not think it, I mean I love shifters but ok the vamps sure showed me

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Elysium
    HR PNR is fun, I do like it. I hope you get to read them one day

    @Missie
    Sure it helps, but the world is pretty simple. Here we get introduced to the witches again, and in the last series they learned that there are lycans. Here they learn there are vamps :) So it works either way

    @Nina
    It's the best feeling :)

    @Jenny
    If you like the wolves book then you will like these too. There is the same feeling in them

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Darlene
    It is sure a good sign that one liked a book :)

    @Melissa
    Lol, I know, so many books, so little tiem

    ReplyDelete
  14. That cover just doesn't look very vampy, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have this one on my list. It looks like a really good one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. From the cover I would have never guessed that this was a paranormal romance. But good to hear its a good series.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will be reading this one soon...I think I may like it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great review! Im not sure about the Historical part, cause I dont really like that =/ but I've been meaning to check out the were series! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  19. I liked this one too, although Blaire got on my nerves a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Chris
    More sweet vampy :)

    @Yvonne
    I am sure you would like it, I sure did

    @Jenny
    Would be hard to see from him only kissing her neck., but yes paranormal :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Staci
    I hope you will! I just liked how I just needed to know more

    @Larissa
    Lol, I know. Just think of it like a paranormal masquerade then ;)

    @Patti
    She did..hm, nah I liked her :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love when a book has you desperately turning the pages. Great review, Blodeuedd. I haven't read this author but I'm familiar with her mostly from your reviews. I love this cover too. Must add it to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like a good one. Wonderful interview!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. @VFG
    Hihi, yes I have read..oh my, this is my fifth book by her!

    @Naida
    Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. lmao @ do their little dance. I love your reviews

    ReplyDelete
  26. Inked
    Lol, thanks :D I am glad you do

    ReplyDelete
  27. somehow i missed your review of this one! i haven't read the werewolf ones, but I really liked this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Carrie
    I am sure you would like those too :) The tone is the same

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've never heard of this author before but I do enjoy stepping outside the box. Right now it seems that I'm into Vampire books a lot so I think I'm going to check out her werewolf series first...

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Deanna
    I like both series :) And I do think I am getting back into liking vamps

    ReplyDelete
  31. I liked this one and can't wait to read the next one!! I highlighted your review on my post!!

    http://lifeinthethumb.blogspot.com/2011/03/it-happened-one-bite-by-lydia-dare.html

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP