Saturday 26 October 2013

Carole Rae Reviews: Springtime Pleasures - Sandra Schwab

Author: Sandra Schwab
Title: Springtime Pleasures (#1 in A Love for Every Season)
Genre: Historical Romance
Pages: ebook
First Published: October 14th, 2013
Where I Got It: Given to me by the publisher/author for an honest and unbiased review


"Caught between duty ...



George Augustus Griffin, Viscount Chanderley has to marry - fast: His father has ordered him to find a suitable wife this very season. Alas, the only woman Griff has eyes for is the very unsuitable Miss Carlotta Stanton, who is not only unbecomingly tall but also wears the ugliest spectacles in all of England. Still, Griff is utterly bewitched by her intense green eyes. Yet however much he feels drawn to her joie de vivre, duty and honor demand that he stay far away from Miss Stanton.

... and desire

Dubbed "the Giantess" because of her unfortunate height, Charlie Stanton finds the London season far less glamorous than she had thought it would be - not the least because she is consigned a place among the wallflowers. But then she becomes acquainted with the very dashing Lord Chanderley, whose life is overshadowed by a terrible tragedy in his past. Ever ready to help others, Charlie is determined to rid him of his Sad Melancholia - even if it means taking on wild boars and highwaymen. However, the biggest challenge might be the elusive viscount himself and his belief that he is beyond all redemption."


Like earlier stated I was given this book for my honest and unbiased opinion....

GAH! I couldn't help but hum 'Summertime Sadness' throughout my time with this book. I have no idea, but there was a connection. Maybe it had to that this love was not the most easiest of loves. It took a lot of work.

Anyways...this book was so....cute! I simply loved it! I really loved Charlie (aka Miss Stanton). She was adorable and completely out of her element in London. I also loved how the author made her very physically flawed (for that time period anyways). Glasses and being an Amazon - tall and tough. I felt bad though, because she did get teased by the ton. Asses the lot of them. Even a certain Lord Chanderley judged her at first....

Which brings us to the dumb, but honorable and charming Lord Chanderley. He was adorable as well, but many a times I wanted to punch him, because he was simply dumb.  He blames himself for an accident that was not his fault at all, which this guilt his daft parents use against him. Even though it was made clear to him by his sister, Charlie, and his cousin that it wasn't his fault at all. Simply I just wanted to yell, "GET OVER YOURSELF!" Even though it was annoying, I still liked him and it made they book better, because you KNOW he will get over it and move on. I really loved the way this came about - I will not say for that is the big spoiler in this book. 


Sandra Schwab is defiantly blooming and blossoming and I'm dying for more of her books. Especially the next one in this series. I really hope its about Miss Izzie, Chanderley's sister, who really deserves a HEA. Poor girl. 

Overall, this was a cute and fun and simply adorable. I simply loved the added letters. It really added a special-ness to it. I'm also so glad that Sandra Schwab made the HEA between Charlie and Griff a little harder to obtain. I shall recommend this to those that love HRs and for those looking for a book that will make them smile. Out of five stars I will give this 5 stars. 



Favorite Character(s): Charlie, Griff, Cousin Boo/Cole, Izzie, and Aunt Burnell (bahaha loved her).
Not-so Favorite Character(s): Griff's parents (>__>)


15 comments:

  1. This sounds positively delightful and I love the sound of Charlie, poor girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^__^ Charlie is a sweety and I adored her. We're having a giveaway for a copy of this book tomorrow! Be sure to join!

      Delete
  2. This really does sound like a cute read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review Carole Rae, perhaps I will try one of her books before the next Love Letter convention in Berlin, Germany. She is the hostess there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the hostess, Aurian, just the person who's been crazy enough to let herself being talked into moderating all panels. ;-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! That would be SO fun!!!!! I really want to go! Darn the ocean...

      Delete
  4. It sounds cute. The cover look rather modern, doesn't it? Adding the title to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the cover has a modern look to it, but then it doesn't. IDK how I feel. hahaha Hope you love it as much as I!

      Delete
  5. Despite the fact that "Summertime Sadness" was completely played out on the radio I still LOVE when I hear it.

    Anywho, how cute does this sound!? I think I'd enjoy it very much =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha me too. Its just so darn good.

      You would love it Mishel! Especially on a rainy, cold day. It'll warm you up.

      Delete
  6. This sounds like such an adorable story, and Charlie especially sounds wonderful. I don't envy her position, standing out in such a judgmental season setting, but it sounds like I have a HEA to look forward to if I do read it. Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it really stinks and I don't envy her. She was so teased by the mean people of the ton. :/ She really deserved her HEA.

      Delete
  7. Sounds cute, even the dumb (haha) Lord Chanderly sounds cute. Better than the last main character I read about who was a total ass-hat lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah. It depends on what I'm feeling. Sometimes I like the ass-ey characters, but sometimes I rather have them dumb.

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP