Wednesday 30 October 2013

Review: A killer Plot - Ellery Adams

In the small coastal town of Oyster Bay, North Carolina, you'll find plenty of characters, ne'er-do-wells, and even a few celebs trying to duck the paparazzi. But when murder joins this curious community, the Bayside Book Writers are there to get the story... 

Olivia Limoges is the subject of constant gossip. Ever since she came back to town-a return as mysterious as her departure-Olivia has kept to herself, her dog, and her unfinished novel. With a little cajoling from the eminently charming writer Camden Ford, she agrees to join the Bayside Book Writers, break her writer's block, and even make a few friends...

But when townspeople start turning up dead with haiku poems left by the bodies, anyone with a flair for language is suddenly suspect. And it's up to Olivia to catch the killer before she meets her own surprise ending.

My thoughts:
My second cozy mystery. Look at me, I have read 2 :D This one I liked a bit more, but that was cos in this one the main character was not accused of murder. That just makes me sad...

We had a more mature main character...ok 40 but I am used to reading about much younger ones. She was sure of her self, she loved her dog and she wanted to find out who the killer was. Still this did not make her TSTL. She was careful after all and talked to the cops a lot.

I hoped for a bit of romance and yes there is something there in the shadows but I do wonder....

The mystery was good cos even in the end I was all "...what? Aha...ok I get it."

Conclusion:
A nice cozy mystery

Would I read more?
Yes

Cover
Cute

Paperback, 313 pages
Published June 1st 2010 by Berkley
A Books By The Bay Mystery #1
Cozy mystery
From a book angel who got tired of me saying I would read a cozy one day but never did ;)

38 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear she's not TSTL and talks to the cops about what's going on! It always frustrates me when characters try to handle certain things on their own. Sounds like a fun book!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, how clever is that? I do not like when they just do crazy things and then get into trouble

      Delete
  2. Good luck in the book hunt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds cute and I like the setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cozy mysteries you're reading are so tempting, and will be even more when it becomes really cold. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they would be perfect then :D With a cup of tea of course

      Delete
  5. Lol aw man I'll have to add some of these cozy mysteries to my TBR soon. =) Glad you enjoyed this one B

    ReplyDelete
  6. A 40 year old??!! That's unheard of these days lol

    I really like the sound of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you're enjoying the cozy mysteries!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds good, and I love when it all clicks at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hm... sounds good. Plus, she wuvs her puppy! So, that is a plus for me. Might have to try this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing better than an animal lover

      Delete
  10. Ooohhhh...you read a cozy! You know how I love them - yes, even when the main character drives me crazy with risking her life and doing stupid things :) I have this one on my Kindle but I haven't read it yet. I'm glad you liked this and I love that the heroine is a bit older. I get tired of the 20something types.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes finally!
      And she was so calm and did things smart, I loved her!

      True, before they were ok but as I get older, I want them to get older too

      Delete
  11. Look at you two cozy mysteries. I enjoy them as well every now and again. Try Plum Deadly I liked that one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This does sound like a fun cozy, cute cover!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think Aurian likes this series too. I need to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love cozies and it's been ages since I read one. This sounds like one I should definitely give a try when I'm in the mood. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love cozy mystery! I have many of them too. I confess I didn't know this one though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've only read one or two cozies, not my favourite genre but I like that she loved her dog lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cute, fav,..sadly no, but then my fav will always be fantasy

      Delete
  17. Yes, you read it and enjoyed it :) I am glad. I do hope you give the rest of the series a try.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aurian is rubbing off on you, isn't she? :) I may try this series-but sadly I have trouble w/this genre b/c they go overboard on describing whatever profession they are in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, she finally got to me ;)

      Oh, hm....I can't say I noticed that but then I have only read two

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP