Wednesday 12 March 2014

Flight to Coorah Creek - Janet Gover

Only Jessica Pearson knows the truth when the press portrays her as the woman who betrayed her lover to escape prosecution. But will her new job flying an outback air ambulance help her sleep at night or atone for a lost life?

Doctor Adam Gilmore touches the lives of his patients, but his own scars mean he can never let a woman touch his heart.

Runaway Ellen Parkes wants to build a safe future for her two children. Without a man—not even one as gentle as Jack North.

In Coorah Creek, a town on the edge of nowhere, you're judged by what you do, not what people say about you. But when the harshest judge is the one you see in the mirror, there's nowhere left to hide.

My thoughts:
I loved the show Flying Doctors as a kid, and a teen, and  honestly I can watch that show anytime. So when I saw this book I wanted to read it, and it had the same heart. A small town, a close community and what matters is what you do there.

Jessica had a lot of issues. She was a pilot, fell in love with her boss, who then turned out to be a drug smuggler. She blames herself, she should have seen it sooner. Poor thing. I mean it was not her fault! And she had to run to the outback do get away from the papers and pointing fingers. I felt for her, people can be idiots.

Adam has issues too, I am not going to say what, but he does not want to get too close to anyone. But then Jessica shows up, and he likes her, oh he likes her.

The book has another couple too, Ellen who is also on the run with her two kids and Jack, the mechanic who falls for her.

I got to see all of these work through their issues and find love. And a new life and friends too. It was a lovely town.

We get a bit of, well medical action as that is what she is there for after all. A bit of very slow building romance and just life in general.

Conclusion:
I would take a flight to Coorah Creek if it meant meeting all of these people.

Paperback, 320 pages
Out now in ebook form from Choc Lit (print US March 15)
Women's fiction /romantic fiction
for review

42 comments:

  1. Can't go wrong with a slow burning romance in a small town with nice people, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up in a small town much like Coorah Creek - and that's the experience I have tried to capture in the book.

      Delete
  2. The pilot and the drug smuggler is an interesting storyline, I hope she either managed to convert him to be good or she mustered the courage to leave his drug dealing ass

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha I agree, I do like the pilot and drug smuggler bit very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Chris - the cover is lovely isn't it. I was thrilled when I saw it. My publisher Choc Lit is developing quite a reputation for amazing covers.

      Delete
  5. That would stink...the man you love is a drug smuggler...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True - and the question is - what would you do when you found out?

      Delete
  6. I like a slow building romance. Oh I might have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like a slow building romance too - it never really rings true for me if they fall in love too fast. I always wonder if it's going to last after the book ends.

      Delete
  7. Flying an outback air ambulance is a unique job. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The research for that part was easy, Diana. I was a patient on an air ambulance in Central Australia once.. I never thought that would become the basis for a book.

      Delete
  8. I like the sound of this one; sweet and romantic is definitely one of my things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A warning though - you may be reaching for the tissues before its over (at least I hope you will - in a good way).

      Delete
  9. it's interesting to have something with pilots, don't think I've read a book like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a bit of research to do for that - I have been a passenger on light aircraft - but I'm not a pilot. Luckily, I know someone who is.

      Delete
  10. There are quite a few outback romances being published here in Australia - it's a booming genre - but this is one author I hadn't heard of before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done three other bush romances Marg - and just for something different - one set in Antarctica. I like wild locations.

      Delete
    2. You had me at Antartica! Off to check it out!

      Delete
  11. I am totally overwhelmed by all the fab comments - thanks for the great review.
    I am a big fan of small town romance myself - and writing this one was the greatest fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And once you've come to know the folk of Coorah Creek - you can come back again - book two in the series is almost done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What is the Flying Doctors?

    Sounds like a very sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, the Royal Flying Doctor Service is based in outback Australia - where it can be hundreds of miles to the nearest doctor or hospital. They fly doctors to their patients - or patients to the hospital. It's quite remarkable. They made a TV series called Flying Doctors a long time ago - I think you can find episodes on Your Tube

      Delete
    2. Sorry - on You Tube. I've been writing all day and my fingers are tired :-)

      Delete
  14. This sounds good, reminds me of another book I love. But I do have a weakness for stories in the outback, especially Australian.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic Author Interview today! I'm not entering into the giveaway so I wanted to leave a comment over here. I love your review for this book and I'm glad that you enjoyed it. It sounds like you liked the characters that will be featured in the next book, looking forward to seeing your thoughts when that is released. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wonder...hm...who will it be about? I mean yes but. I am not 100 % sure

      Delete
  16. This sounds interesting and different from the rule. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely my type of read, so glad you enjoyed it B.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP